So where do I start?

ColumbusOHGamer

Online is where the fun is, Columbus, but you can at least get your feet wet with the bots.

I hesitate to share these since they're kind of awful at the moment, but here are some tutorial videos that you can use to get started:

Tutorial Videos

As a CM player, you might want to just skip to the 2nd one. These videos were meant to be polished quite a bit (and there should have been more of them) before being made public, but since you asked for a way to get started feel free to give them a whirl.

And, yeah, that's my nasal voice on them - I had a horrible cold while recording these. ;)

Really nice videos. You should rather spend time on making more than making them better - they are good enough as is. And I've learned something: I need a new computer - all this grass waving in the wind... on my planets I've always got the 'atomic waste' feeling! tongue.gif

Btw, its quite informing to see how you use the interface because thats whats its probably meant to be.

Just two simple ideas from watching: add a 'mines marker' button in the waypoint dialog that adds a waypoint with an automatic text 'Mines' to it.

Second, add an 'Extract' button next to 'Obeserve' and 'Drop' in the team dialog. This way you can easily redeploy a single unit without searching for it on the battlefield.