Delta_Pavonis server - less CTF please?

B0nes

Request: Is it possible to have less CTF missions on the Delta_Pavonis server? I generally use this server as it has the best ping for me.

About 7 out of every 10 missions are CTF which isn't ideal when it's mostly bots you're up against.

Unrelated question: Why is the Thor's turret so large compared with say the Apollo's? It doesn't carry any more ammo...

DropTeam is a game that has some fairly decent 'realism feel', but CTF... I guess it might make sense if you fluff it out as a computerized training excercise, but... Take and Hold is something I would like to play some more of

I'd like to see the territory gametype online...
That's what I've been thinking. I've never even played it before.

Oh, and

About 7 out of every 10 missions are CTF which isn't ideal when it's mostly bots you're up against.
I don't think Objective is ideal with just bots either. On a lot of maps like, Dead Gulch and the-map-with-the-hill-in-the-middle, the attackers seem to very frequently win because the defending bots never manage to kill all the enemies inside the scoring radius, so the defender points never go back up.

There is that, yurch.

What we need a more scenarios which don't require a specific unit type to win, because the bots have no sense of pace, but which aren't nearly as annoying as constant CTF.

I like Objective, and it might be more interesting as "Double Objective," where each side has a somewhat different need to capture and hold somewhat smaller areas. Both would be marked, so both sides could gain points. Why not both sides camping their own and trying to run up their scores? To win you need a fairly chunky margin more than the opponent.

Since you can list multiple victory conditions in a scenario, this kind of "double objective" is already there. We just need to jiggle it into some scenarios and see what happens. If someone doesn't mod that up then we'll get to it when we can.
Sounds like an excellent plan.

I know you're swamped with enough DT stuff as is, Clayton, so its good to see you staying engaged with the fora as much as you do.

OK, Down with CTF then. I'll pull some off this evening on Delta Pavonis.

We also want to host some of Dark_Au's scenarios. Do most of you already have them installed (you can download them from the Mod forum)? Does anyone need any help getting them installed? We don't want to lock a bunch of people out of playing because they don't have the new scenarios. (Yes, that's a good reason to implement live content update...)