Unit availability

mute

When units extract, they are not immediately added back to the availability count. Heavily damaged units seem to take longer, so I guess this is due to repairs, which is neat. It'd be nice to see the number of units unavailable because of damage (even better with ETA) in the drop window. This isn't hard to track in single player, but with multiple players who knows what the mechanics are up to?

It would also be nice to have an initial $ amount to purchase units prior to deployment... I hate that I only get a handful of Hurricanes! (multiplayer)

This would mean having an elected commander before the game starts, and a pre-deployment screen. (I guess you could do it all from the deployment screen too, just a popup window to elect guys, then buy units...)

[ June 07, 2006, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Caseck ]

The number of Hurricane's available was adjusted for a reason: there were too many of them zipping around blowing up everything, taking the fun out of other aspects of the game (ie tank warfare). I was initially drawn to the Hurricane due to the ease with which it scored hits/kills, but now get a lot more satisfaction from a perfectly placed 120mm shell. With the reduced number of available Hurricanes one must be much more careful, forcing players to use it in more of a support role - which is cool. Leave the slugging it out to the sluggers.