Capture the Flag Blues

Junglist

First off, I love the game. I only buy a new game about once a year and generally play the *bleep* out of it, and it looks like Drop Team is that game for awhile - at least until CM2 comes out!

Now here's my one complaint....Capture the Flag sucks when there are not several people playing - at least two per team are required to not get bored. I personally love the multiplayer aspect of the game, but until people get bored of the solo campaign there will be a limited number on the servers, I understand that. What I don't understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, is why there are 3-4 servers running 1.0, all running CTF? And, yes I know I could run my own server, but this is something new me and.....I'm LAZY! I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather blow up bots than take flag, while I wait for other humans to join.

Oh yeah, I guess it is my fault...the laziness thing again, but I didn't read the warning about not being able to change user names and shortened Junglist to Jung (lazy version); so now, rather than being identified as a raver and/or person who lives in a jungle, I'm identified as century old philosopher who was hung-up on his ancestors' experiences. Very scary!

You're right, Junglist. We switched a couple of them over to Objective. We should have done this from the start, but you have to remember what Jung said:

"Error is just as important a condition of life as truth"
;)

BTW, if you want me to change your username just send an email with your product key and the new, final name (with the capitalization you want).

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I really, really , really, really like the multiplayer aspect of the game, but I don't enjoy playing CTF by myself while waiting for players. Now, again correct me if I'm wrong, but all the servers seem to be CTF again. I did manage to play a couple of objective-style games 1 or 2 days ago, and wouldn't you know it, they were on the 2 same maps as the beta test! I'm sick of ice and snow for now. So, not to repeat my broken recordness, but please, please, please, please, please permanently switch one of the 1.01 servers to objective. If I'm totally losing my mind and everything is fine, pleas disregard the above plea.

In regards to name change offer, I liked your Jung quote so much, and I'm so lazy, that I'll stick with Jung for know; hopefully, if the mood sways me in the future to revert to Junglist, I'll still be allowed to do so.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't been told enough recently, your game, like, totally ROCKS! (or Discos or Hip Hops or whatever you might be into)

PS Building more borrows as we speak.

A couple of them are switched over to objective, but here's the rub: some scenarios do not support the objective game type (each scenario defines its own game types including CTF, objective, territory, and whatever new ones a scenario author cares to create). So when a scenario in the list gets loaded, if it does not support the objective game type, then the server falls back on CTF as the default. So what you really need is for us to take all of the CTF scenarios out of rotation on one of the servers, which I am doing for you right now.