System Requirements

j_balcaen

In a thread with the same name this was said:

We've been busy improving graphics and effects in the game due to the repeated requests for that in this very forum, so lately the system requirements have been creeping slowly upward. You can see my original post on this subject in the very first thread on this forum. Those answers are still mostly true, though performance on really low end systems like a Mac Mini is now going to be a little painful at times while playing.
first thread in the drop Team forum.

I don't think you'll have any problems, Iceman.

A quote from May, 2005:

The lowest-end Mac we've tested on is a Mac Mini (a single G4 processor running at 1.4GHz) with 512MB RAM and that barely adequate Radeon 9200 that they ship with - this is your basic $500.00 low-end mac. This machine plays the game well, as long as some of the optional graphics are disabled (such as extra particle effects, slightly reduced view distance, etc.) On the other hand, G5's seem to eat it up without much trouble, and the big dual-CPU G5's even use both CPU's intelligently (with one CPU pretty much devoted to AI tasks.) So right now, it's looking like the minimum will be something close to the Mac Mini described above, but at the minimum spec you don't get as much eye candy. When we're feature complete and optimized, we will provide a final, specific answer.

Eventually it will be a universal binary, but not until some of the 3rd party libraries we're using become universal themselves. The upcoming public multiplayer test will not yet have support for Intel-based macs. It shouldn't be very long before all of our 3rd parties catch up and as soon as they do we'll release the universal binary version.

It's a laptop.

128 meg Radeon x700

1.6Ghz Pentium M

1 Gig RAM

80Gig HD

Omega 3.8.221 drivers

I just recently formated so my comp is running pretty well.

I was running my comp at 1400x1050 with most most of the boxes checked.

Omega. *sigh*. Well, I'll play anyway...

So I would guess that turning HDR off makes it run nicely again, right? Let's start with that, since given your machine specs it is probably the only option causing you trouble. If you can verify that turning HDR off gets you running fast again, then we can proceed to the next step.

Very nice laptop, BTW!

Machine Model: iMac

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 700 MHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

Memory: 512 MB

Bus Speed: 100 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.3.4f2

Serial Number: QT209023MQH

and 32 mb video card

I am currently running 10.3.9 and the game won't run, if I was to buy 10.4.x would there be any hope? I just cannot drop $1500 on a new computer right now, and I really want too wait and see if the new intel macs will dual boot anyway. But I really , REALLY, want to play. I would cheerfully turn everything down to absoulute minimum, I just don't want to buy 10.4 and it still not work. I really don't need 10.4 for anything else.

We could probably get it running, Dan, but you wouldn't have much fun due to slow speed. You're probably better off waiting for that Intel Mac. BTW, looks like dual boot is more or less here, right? Colin Nederkoorn already awarded the prize money for his contest a few days ago, didn't he?