Hello...and couple of questions :)

Schmeisser

Hi

This is my first post on this board, i am new on tank sims, and i have some frustrating problems smile.gif

I tried to use search before i decided to post my problems so please dont be angry on me if question is ... not too smart

I have problem with that damn ISU ( dont really remember its full name , so for personal comfort i ve started to call it StuG3 :D )

Second campaign mission - i have to defend village against one t34 and one isu

T-34 isnt too big problem, but ISU... Once i hit it , maybe 4 times with armour-piercing , gunner reported 'hit', 'hit' ,' nailed him', i could see crew jumping out of vehicle, i ve sent them two APERS gifts smile.gif fir sure.

One minute later i got single hit, driver got killed, i rotated gun into direction of hit and what i saw? Damn ISU, and didnt look ' nailed' :D

I hit ISU ( personaly!) from side ,between wheels.

What happened :D ? Crew simulated destruction of wehicle tongue.gif to cheat me ?

Second question is about controlling AI gunner.

Lets say i want destroy building, i order driver to move into target's direction, then at distance 1300 m , i order 'start scan' , then i place commanders sight on building.... and what should i press ? "t" or "r" ? Anyway both dont work for me , even if i order 'open fire'

I ve read in manual i need to designate target with distance and azimuth, how can i do that?

this is acceptabel explanation i think - i am not sure how many of crewmembers i saw around their vehicle , crawling like snakes. So if , for example gunner was still inside , and he didnt need driver help to aim correctly, he could get 'revenge from grave'. Many times when i got hits , i could not move but i could still use gun.

So, when i see report of gunner 'nailed' , 'killed', 'got him' but i dont see fire, smoke and flames on enemy, it is good idea to 'make sure it is killed well' with two additional rounds :D ?

About that AI gunner, i think AI can open fire only to direct threat like tanks, apc or cars, it cant 'recognize' target like house or tree.

Could You explain me meaning of options: global realism, one console and integral controll in configuration program?

Usually i try to hit target until crew bail out or i see flames. I also use map (F11) - if target tank symbol is grey then it's destroyed, if it's still orange - surprises are possible. I guess what AI tells you (Nailed him! Destroyed!) is uncertain.

I've set global realism on, integral control off but i'm not sure what does it mean. I've tried to set all for max realism, with only exception being external camera on.

First time i've completed around 6 missions and it was too easy - i think i had Invulnerability turned on somehow:) I started from the beginning and first 2 missions was still a breeze, SU-100 for example was busy with another target and my first hit prevented it from turning at me. But i've tried many times and can't complete mission where you must capture village. I destroy 2 small AT guns, continue forward and in 90% cases RPG gunners destroy me (my infantry doesn't do anything) or in 10% tries i'm defeated by another AT.

BTW, what graphical options are processor intensive and what are graphics card intensive? I have 3.2 P4 but only Radeon 9550.

• 1 month later...

One tip is to switch off hi-quality grass. Personally I don't see much difference, but it seems to have a big impact on performance. Secondly, reduce the amount of clouds etc. rendered. You hardly spend time looking at them anyway, and again, it seems to improve performance considerably.

Another thing I found out is that sometimes reducing an option actually slows down the system rather than improving it. So I'd go easy on tweaking the config, and try it one by one...

Martin

I did that and got the fps up to 8 but the game isnt half as pretty.

Its obviously something i did because it used look good and there was fairly decent fps,I'll just uninstall it and reinstall it and hopefully that will undo anything i did,

Its probably about time to defrag the hard drive too.