HELP! What is the best combat station to fight in?

LoCo

Whats the best fighting postion to be in? It seems like trying to fight in the TC's position screws up the gunner for awhile. Also in the TC's position when I fire on the run or stationary, the gun fires on its own after reload? switch back to gunner after switching off dual mode and it takes awhile for the gunner to regain control. Can the tank be on the move when you are in the gunner position? My fighting tactic at this point is driving to the action, finding some cover, shoot from the gunner position, move to another postion, try and find cover and repeat the scenerio until I get nailed. The TC position seems to a pain in A** to fight in. Is there a better way of shooting on the run? Does anybody have any Suggestions?

Have you tried switching on the gun stabilizer? (S key) This will keep the gun level and on target while moving.

I personally don't like to fight from the TC position mainly because the gun sights are inferior. But other than that it should work pretty much the same as in the gunner station. What you are observing with the gun firing "on its own" is definitely new to me... maybe the gunner takes over control after you fired?

Martin

My belief is the driver... he determines whether you live or die by putting you in the right hull down position.

you can drive and hit 3 then 2... and everything is done for you, you pick the spots to hull down too...

the AI driver is a MORON... almost every time I let the AI drive, even with giving proper orders, they drive me right into someones line of fire.

the AI driver is a MORON
lol .. I totaly agree there .

I mainly drive , hit the 3 key so the TC scans . Once the engagement starts , I sometimes let the AI gunner go at it ( depends if he is wasting ammo ) . But once I take over the gunner position , it turns into berm drills for the AI driver . Only thing he can do half-way good :eek:

I find myself driving to the action in the drivers seat. But when action is close at hand I play as the gunner and use 1,5,6,7,8 keys to maneovre the tank to great effect. It's quite easy to crash into the party, stop and fire, speed away, then rinse and repeat.

I agree on the AI driver not being capaple enough to follow a road at good speed or drive in close terrain.

Oh, and I let the TC call out targets for me. I also use the thermal sights a lot since they see through the grass which is handy in hull down fighting.

Thanks everybody for the info. Yes I have been using the stabalizer (S) key when in the TC position, I guess mainly what bothers me is the gun firing on its own? Moon you might be right but why would AI gunner just shoot on his own if the TC isn't calling the shots? This is going to sound stupid but what is hull down? Has anybody adjusted their configuration realism menu? if so what are some good adjustments for this config file? Thanks again guys

Hull down is a classic tanking concept. There are a few terms describing how exposed you are to the enemy:

-Defilade, means completely out of sight (behind a hill or sumfink).

-Turret down, means only the commanders cupola is exposed so he can spot targets without the enemy seeing the whole tank.

-Hull down, means the turret (and thus the main armament) is exposed so you can shoot but the hull of the tank (everything that's not the turret) is safe behind some cover.

-Then you can always be in full view of the enemy but I don't know if there's a term for that. smile.gif

The easiest way to think of this is you on the reverse side of a hill and the enemy on the other side of that hill. Depending on how close to the crest you are the enemy will see more or less of your tank. Voila!

Hope that cleared up the issue!