Greetings from another newbie.

Snakeeyes here.

After surfing around this fine afternoon I came across T-72 and I have to admit that you guys wowed me.

I started simming when I was just a kid. Remember Microprose's F-19? It was the best guess as to what the F-117A stealth fighter was like. The manual was thick and I enjoyed amazing my Dad with how complicated the game was. This was back in the day when having a 640k computer was a big deal. Dad was a former tanker who loved the Army but went on to become a successful advertizing executive... although I still think that he missed protecting the plains of Europe from the Ruskies.

Well.. I fell in love with sims that day and have never looked back. It sparked an interest that will never die. I started learning about all kinds of weapons and the military both the red and blue sides. I learned to fly helicopters and today am a high school science teacher.

Alright... enough about me.

T-72 looks astounding. I have the RAM and the Pentium 4 to power it but I am a little worried about my graphics card. I have a GEforce 4 MX. Anyone think I will encounter graphics problems.

I think that the moving foliage is incredible. I want realism... not lightsaber duels and cheats (not that I'm anti-SW... I actually went out and bought one of those fancy replica lightsabers recently). I'm the kind of guy who will sit back and read a manual 400 pages thick just to relax... you know... professional geek. I was quite impressed with the real gunsights and selection settings I have seen in screenshots so far.

If any of you are worried about buying from battlefront PLEASE don't be. I purchased Dangerous Waters from them months ago and they are top-notch people. Don't worry about your money being lost or the fact that you can't buy the game in stores... these people make sims for people like us. I am very impressed.

I sure hope that they ship July 1st!

Oh well... enough with my introductions. I'm off all Summer because of the school year so if anyone wants to drop me a line feel free.

Cheers!

I remember Microprose's F-19. I think I never flew a successful mission - that's how bad I was.

As for your question regarding your GeForce 4MX videocard. It does meet the minimum specifications (at the bottom). However I believe that it may lack some of the lighting features and a few other effects since it isn't a truly hardware-level DirectX 9.0 graphics card. Something like a GeForce FX 5600 (or Radeon 9600) or higher would probably do a better job and give you the quality that you see in the screen shots.

Welcome aboard Snakeeyes. I believe I still have F-117 on floppies around here somewhere. I enjoyed the bridge destruction missions flown in Vietnam. We are still after the Vietnamese; we think we can get 'em with Ford and GM this time around. I think both of them are planning on invading India and china as well.

Pre-ordered T-72 BoF and waiting.