Mac video problem

Hi looking at the troubleshooting section I found the link to my answer (below) but on clicking the url ATI has redirected the link. Does that mean the latest video driver for OS10.4 is the correct fix? I'm a bit confused there. Otherwise does anyone have the aCTUAL HOTFIX? you can send it to me at

patricklucero1148@yahoo.com

i'M RUNNING A G4 Titanium 1000ghz, 1gb ram and the ATI Mobility 9000 Radeon.

Thanks

Patrick

Problem: I have a Mac with a Radeon video card installed (8500, Mobility 9000, 9000 Pro) and I am getting what looks like psychedelic graphics displayed when playing the game.

Cause/Solution: ATI has just released a Hotfix software update that resolves this issue. The file can be found here: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4380.html

I used to have that file until the hard drive it was sitting crashed a little while ago, sorry... I also looked around the ATI site and coudln't find the Knowledgebase article myself.

However looking at the date of the release of that patch (April 2004), I'm wondering if the latest ATI Radeon driver for OS 9.x, January 2005 would have these fixes built-in or not. I'm not sure what the OS X.4 Classic environment has for Radeon drivers and if the fix is a part of that or not (I guess it depends on how up-to-date Apple has kept the Classic drivers).

Please let us know what you're results are with either the OS X.4/Classic driver or the January 2005 Radeon update. If it does work, smoke and dust will appear in a bit lower quality, but everything else should be working OK.

Try booting into OS9 -

System Prefs > Startup Disk > OS9.2.2

Then installing the OS9 ATI drivers into your boot system - See how CM plays if still odd then apply the hot fix.

When applying the ATI OS9 drivers in OSX it's not exactly clear where they install to ???? :mad:

[ August 13, 2006, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Hi .

Well I booted into os9.2.2 and tried to install the hotfix. However on installing the driver the installer quit with an error 1 message and then the install disappeared. On trying to restart I then got a finder crash and had to force quit. That happened continuously even after I had gone into the extension folder and clicked the 9.2.2 extensions only box. Restarted and crashed again. Have had no luck.