iMac and CM

Do you have the QuickDraw RAVE extensions and the GameSprockets installed ? I believe QuickDraw RAVE will be installed by default, but the GameSprockets may not be.

You may want to download some newer drivers for your built-in ATI graphics chip. This set of drivers is the latest from Apple that supports your iMac:

ATI Video Software Update 1.0

You can get Game Sprockets v. 1.5 from here (the latest is 1.7.5, but the SoundSprocket version that comes with it doesn't sound as good with CM):

http://www-mirrorx.cac.washington.edu/apple/US_Apple_SW_Updates/Misc/

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Ensure that you have enough memory allocated. 60mb of memory is generally adequate and 90 would be preferable. If you don't have alot of memory available, you may want to go through and reduce your extensions to minimize the system heap, although 8.6 is relatively efficient. You can get by with 30mb allocated, but you will notice slowdowns. I would strongly suggest getting more mem if you have less than 96mb (it is on sale of late very inexpensive compared to what I payed). I used to run CMBO on my revB 233 iMac (now relegated to my childrens use). Sometimes it would be pretty slow with medium sized battles but generally it was quite satisfactory once I installed some extra memory (a 128mb chip).

You can also download the CMBO 1.12 update and get the OpenGL 1.2 update that way. You can find it here: http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/cm/index.html

Good luck, this is a great piece of software if you its time period appeals to you. If you want to pbem sometime send me a quickbattle, full fog of war, computer chooses forces, random weather.