Combat Mission Monitor Upgrade

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade from my 17" View Sonic monitor that plays CMBB, CMAK, at full screen to something around say 20 or 21" in size that will also play these games at full screen.

Aside from opening up minor Win XP programs, occasional downloads or surfing online, my knowledge of computers is fairly limited.

What max size plug & play monitor would you suggest to safely run CMBB, CMAK without having to do anything special.

Thanx

Joe

Originally posted by JoMc67:

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade from my 17" View Sonic monitor that plays CMBB, CMAK, at full screen to something around say 20 or 21" in size that will also play these games at full screen.

Aside from opening up minor Win XP programs, occasional downloads or surfing online, my knowledge of computers is fairly limited.

What max size plug & play monitor would you suggest to safely run CMBB, CMAK without having to do anything special.

Thanx

Joe

Hi,

I would aim for a monitor which displays 1600x1200 resolution natively. A 20´ or 21´ should do fine.

Indeed I myself bought a NEC/Mitsubishi MultiSync LCD 2080UX+ 4 years ago and still am more than happy with this excellent piece of hardware.

NEC Review

cheers

Fox,

Thanx for the info.

I to am happy with my ViewSonic, The LCD has great color and is clear & sharp at all angles.

I am looking for the exact same quality in a 20 or 21" monitor, think I will look into another NEC/ViewSonic.

1600x1200 is the maximum resolution for CMx1, in each direction.

If you want a really good picture you need to do some research about what panels are used in which models. There are panels that do very good color representation, others do better at dark greyscale (movies, games in the dark) and a few other variants.

Don't get a Samsung.

Don't get one of these 22". Apart from having the wrong resolution for CMx1 they are very cheap.