PhotoDeluxe 1.1 (on Mac) help needed for ROW IV

After successfully capturing a screenshot from my recently concluded battle, I attempted to resize it, then convert it to a JPEG, but failed miserably. Consequently, I've inconvenienced Holien twice. The first was by not including the screenshot with my AAR; the second because the separately sent PICT file was read on his end as data, hence wouldn't open.

I'm reasonably sure there's a way to bring in the PICT file, resize it some, then convert it to JPEG.

I know I've made JPEGs before, but that was from scanned in photos, not screenshots. Can someone please help?

Regards,

John Kettler

John..go here Sir ------>

web page

Swear by it. Easy to use smile.gif

best

Makjager

ps.

When u have GC installed open the application. In the menu bar find "Open New" and then navigate to the PICT file thats on your hard drive.Open it and then mess around to your hearts content smile.gif

[ May 03, 2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

Makjager,

Got it, but need to learn how to use it. Looks as though it has loads of fascinating capabilities, sort of like the old ImageMaster program by Black Belt Software for the Amiga. Any how idea how long

it works in trial mode and how much it costs? Looks as though I'll be able to annotate my screenshots.

Thanks a bunch!

John Kettler

Makjager and Troops,

Thanks for the info! Since I know next to nothing about working with digital imagery, what do you suggest as a suitable image size for inclusion in my AARs, factoring in that I wish to avoid the dreaded page widening we see when big images are posted without first resizing them? Height and width in pixels would be nice, as would any additional parameters needed in order to properly do the PICT to JPEG conversion. Am starting to wade through the PDF manual.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...

Makjager and Troops,

Success--of sorts. I actually managed to create an annotated JPEG, of reasonable size. What I need to know is how to integrate the JPEG with the RTF

text file of the AAR. Holien doesn't like getting an E-mail with two attachments. What is the correct procedure to meld the Graphic Converter modded image with the AAR text, please, so that only one file goes to Holien?

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Drag & Drop the image document exactly where the cursor is, and Lo!, the image will be framed below the text, or in the middle, if you choose so. Save the document and it should include the pics (I'm not sure you had to convert them in JPEG at first instance, but since you had to resize and compact it, then it's best to).

Try to save the rich text document. Move to another location the original image. Open again the document, and if the image appear all right, then it means it has been embedded in the documents, and it should work with other editor/reader of the same standard, i.e. rich text.

All the Best