On the fence buyer...

tailz

I've played with the demo...

One thing I'm unclear on... where do you find opponents or arrange games? Is it simply a matter of connecting to the server and seeing who's around to play? I haven't seen any forum posts about setting up matches or arranging games...

Thx in advance,

Clint

Yes, all games are registered at the central server. When you log into the game lobby, you'll see who's online and what they're playing, and you can chat with them, set up matches etc.

Additionally if you have the Battlefront.com browser toolbar installed you can also get a list of who's currently online and what games they're playing in your browser as a little widget window.

Martin

FWIW I've found the game very fun and generally quick (unless you get stuck doing poorly in a 4 element game, you then have to wait out the rest of the game that you have no interaction with - only the computer playing itself). The on-line community is a tad difficult to break into. I get the feeling that most games are set up between them. But once someone is willing to play it goes pretty quick.

I've also noticed that the way games are set up on-line are a bit different then when playing solitaire. For instance I had some on-line pilots created but because I had them set to start in 1939, for some reason I could not use them in the game that my opponent had set up. Perhaps there are rules somewhere that better define how that works but I've not found them.

It's overall a very fun game. I was lucky enough to get it at a special price. The base price is a tad high. If you use Vista you might also verify that it's working now as I saw some posts about problems there. I don't use it so I didn't follow up on those.