Wish list ??

Blue_Lead

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hi All, from a Nugget...

Just got the package deal and enjoying it with one caveat - I'm using a laptop with a high-speed, low-drag widescreen display that normally uses a 1280x768 resolution, which is not compatable with DIF. Don't know enough about coding/displays/etc, but would it be possible to have the game work in a widescreen resolution?

Kmart

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by JeffGeorge:

I've been wanting a non-sim WWI game for a long time.

That's why I am asking about this. WWI with the Achtung Spitfire engine or Flight Commander 2's game engine would be a blast imo.

OT: Would there be a way to mod those games to WWI? What would open them up?

[ February 13, 2008, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Blazing 88's ]

Originally posted by JeffGeorge:

I've been wanting a non-sim WWI game for a long time.

JG have you tried this out yet, you might like?:

On-line game of the boardgame Blue Max.

http://www.youplay.it/play/main.asp

How to play:

http://www.youplay.it/play/bm_GameRules.asp

Plenty of opponents, No single player option though. Not yet anyway's.

Also there to try is Wooden Ships and Iron Men , based off the Avalon Hill classic.

All are FREE as well.

[ February 13, 2008, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Blazing 88's ]

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure that Dan is working on a WWI game. And I think GMT might have been as well - whether together or as separate games I'm not sure. Of course they will probably start as card games then maybe transfer to computer. Back when I was helping on Dif, I had devised a concept for the WWI game that would have a basic game that used the base DiF game but adding on another level of complexity that would do more the differentiate the aircraft's capabilities. But...

Speaking of differentiating aircraft, one of my suggestions is to allow games that don't use all of the pilot ace capability. One problem with this game is that you can't play aircraft against aircraft with the more modern planes. There are so many ace capabilities that you have no idea what the real aircraft play like.

I'd also like to see (in the local play) a button or something that would allow historical only combat. It's very frustrating, for instance, to be playing early polish aircraft and keep getting Japanese planes as opponents.

More local game suggestions would be to have a local hall of honor or something so that your best pilots can be remembered. And perhaps allowing you to upload pilot pictures for local games. Not important but since you can do it on-line it shouldn't be much of a stretch for local gaming.

I hope there will be more updates. I'm not holding my breath since the last official announcement was in over a year and a half ago. But maybe..

BTW, one last thing - wrong forum, but since I'm typing... For a bit more of a challenge, use 3 elements in a nationality, not 4. That can get pretty tense if you have some bad luck...

smile.gif `er