New Enhancements coming soon...

bartbert

The update will change the game in subtle ways. The first change you'll notice is how aircraft will feel different, and in turn, how that will affect your tactical decisions.

What I really like about it is that it adds very little complexity, but much more variety to the game.

For example, under the current system, both the P-47 and the Raiden have 2 bursts, so there is no variety.

Under the new system, the P-47 has 2 Bursts with +0 Damage, and the Raiden has 0 Bursts with +2 Damage. I flew a dogfight a few days ago and the two planes felt very different. The P-47 was firing bullets all over the place. The Raiden was firing very few times, but when it fired it was for heavy damage. By the end of the dogfight, both sides had lost one plane.

The credit for the new Burst/Damage system goes to Bob "Tomb" Jones. He was the one who came up with the idea of dividing the Burst rating. He also came up with a way of making it both easy to understand and flavorful. Many thanks Bob!

Bob and I discussed it earlier. Stalin was there so I couldnt discuss him modeling the Spitfires new ability to morph into a Brewster Buffalo. Would that be a -2/-6 or a -3/-5?

Did I mention that I am beating him 44-25 at start of turn 4 in Leyte Gulf? Seems he doesnt know how to play p-51's to where his Ace lives long enough to make a difference. Zonzo isnt pleased I will bet. VIVA LA KUROI! VIVA LA KUROI!

-Ray

Ok, so I have a question. You mentioned the Spitfire now with a +2/-1 rating. Does that mean there will still be IMS 1:1 cards in the deck for the Spitfire to use? If so, doesn't this hurt the Spitfire by cutting down on the number of "useful" cards it has?

I think the changes will be good, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they play out. And I'm really happy about the wingman deck rule, they can be brutal drawing a ton of cards.

Originally posted by lakespeed:

Ok, so I have a question. You mentioned the Spitfire now with a +2/-1 rating. Does that mean there will still be IMS 1:1 cards in the deck for the Spitfire to use? If so, doesn't this hurt the Spitfire by cutting down on the number of "useful" cards it has?

It is true that the IMS 1:1 card becomes unplayable for the Spitfire I. However, any 2-Burst card is playable from a Neutral position. Overall, I think it is probably a wash.

Hi!

Some questions. ;)

In my handbook there are the stats of the old version, is it possible to make the updated aircraft statistics printable?

When heavy cannons are explained, there is sentence about ME-262. Is it also released with this updates? If not, how long do we have to wait for it?

The Me-262 won't be in the update because there are some special rules that will have to be implemented for jets. The Heavy Cannon enhancement brings us one step closer to making the Me-262 possible, though.

I'll talk to Dan about putting together an updated Manual with the new aircraft statistics.

If I was a developer, I would take that as a compliment. Since I am not, I will take offence to the fact that your statement didnt mention that I am so handsome! :D

Ok what I seriously love most about the upcoming update is that it will make this game more like the first demo. In the original demo, people had lower kill ratios if you wanted to survive. Air combat should be more about survival to fight another day that 4 kill missions. With the wingman not getting all the offense things will possibly change.

-Ray