TOURNAMENT: TILL DEATH DUE YOU PART

Dan Verssen

NOW HEAR THIS.

Down in Flames is proud to announce the first non-campaign related tournament.

Tournament name: TILL DEATH DUE YOU PART

Date: Saturday, January 14th, 2006 at 12pm Pacific Standard Time

Type: 1 vs 1

Prize: Bragging rights, a cool icon for winning pilot, and a big wet kiss from Jessica Simpson (well thats if you can find her and she wants to kiss your ugly mug)

MUST SIGN UP BY JANUARY 11th. Late applications will not be accepted!

SIGN UP BY EMAILING sixxkillersquadron@hotmail.com and posting created pilots name, your full name, and DIF login name.

Rules

1. YOU MUST create a NEW element of pilots from any of the countries in the game (US, UK, GERMANY, or JAPAN) Your pilots will start out with 200 experience points. Use them wisely! REMINDER JAN 11th DEADLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. YOU CANNOT PLAY this pilot until January 14th, and only then in the tournament. Anyone who does will be disqualified IMMEDIATELY.

3. Player will show up on time and must be able to stay for the duration of the tournament. Anyone who cannot stay for at least 3 hours shouldn't apply.

4. PLAY WILL CONTINUE until all but one pilot is left alive.

5. ESCAPE DEATH will be stripped from your initial skills, so in theory, you can be out first round.

6. Players MAY BUY any skills (including target pilot) or draws (redraws included) or playable cards (ie Ace Pilot, OTS3:4...) if they accumulate enough experience points.

7. Players can start with any plane type that 200xp will unlock, and will be able to use an upgraded plane if they accumulate enough experience points.

8. Players will suffer fatigue on the same basis as in regular ladder play. (IE 36 points of fatigue for being shot down, 18 for being damaged, 9 for flying a mission w/o being shot down or damaged)

10. Players will all have the same number of missions flown. In case one player doesn't have the same amount as his opponent, he will fly against the tournament official(s) in a non shooting click-through where he will incur 9 points of fatigue per mission until he is caught up.

11. Any person missing a turn will be removed from the tournament. (Its only fair since your opponent could have shot you down anyway)

12. Any disputes will be handled by the tournament official in the fairest manner possible.

13. WINNER of each fight will report if his opponent's leader was killed.

14. Players will be picked at random who they will face.

15. Play will be conducted at VETERAN DIFFICULTY (but you may agree beforehand to use ACE difficulty if you wish) This is so the tourney can be played and concluded as quickly as possible.

16. Any disconnects will still count as a game and if the AI finishes you and you die we cannot bring your pilot back to life.

17. GOOD LUCK!

[ January 09, 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Dan Verssen ]

Is this 1 pilot like 1 pair of pilots, or just a leader without a wingman?

[edited to change "with" to "without"!!]

[ January 08, 2006, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Hi all. I guess Stalin's Organist is going to play British. I see that Mr. Smith is going to work for the the Men in Black. Tired of working in the post office are you. :D Hey after 5 (STRONG BEERS) German beers that is. I'm surprised I can still type. He He :D Stalin's O's You gave 3 top Aces last month. You don't have to give every month. A little R&R for your chaps will do them some good. Give them some of this German beer. tongue.gif I do wish you better luck with your pilots, and I hope not to see any more of your pilots there. I want to see Lakespeed/Fred/Tornado etc... :D Just kidding guys ;)

Yeah, I killed Smith's Wingman lastnight. Unintentional of course. Again, sorry about that. Stalin's Organist kicked my butt in two missions lastnight with our uber aces - my arse still hursts :D

[ January 10, 2006, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: tornado ]

Smith retired 'cos Tornado killed his wingie and I can't be bothered playing an uber-leader with a neubie wingman any more :(

But he still shows as having the current week's high Exp/flight thanks to the 400 pts he got for shooting down Tornado's Group Captain :D

All inactive pilots get to be on the "dead" list regardless of why they are inactive - see my other thread about differentiating between retired and dead pilots!

[ January 10, 2006, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

Smith retired 'cos Tornado killed his wingie and I can't be bothered playing an uber-leader with a neubie wingman any more :(

But he still shows as having the current week's high Exp/flight thanks to the 400 pts he got for shooting down Tornado's Group Captain :D

All inactive pilots get to be on the "dead" list regardless of why they are inactive - see my other thread about differentiating between retired and dead pilots!

First, I agree that "retired" pilots shouldn't show up as dead, but I don't consider it to be that big of a deal. Secondly, you defeated my 3rd and 4th best pilots, not what I would consider to be my Group Captain - but a whooping all the same ;)

• 4 weeks later...