Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Why is it a rule that 5 diplo chits from germany are chancelling out 5 diplo chits from GB?

This really leads to boring calculation games. He puts 5 in, so i put 5 in and everythink is quiet. (I know that you never know exactly how many chits the other player has invested but still in the end there can be this 5-5 constellation, just to make sure).

Than diplomacy works like a machine and not like negotiations between humans and states.

Why not make it that way that germany has a 25% chance of influencing the country and a 25% for GB to influence a county? Easy to implement and makes much more sense to em, since you cant always predict the way people will behave in negotions and how they will react under diplomatic pressure.

Fireball

by the way what happen when Italy and Germany both have 5 chits in the same country and GB does too?

Thanks a lot. Does that mean i was sleeping and didnt read the forum carefully enough or should i just lean back and wait for the things to come?

:)

And is there a case where Italy and GB cancel each other out? ;)

Fireball

1. What happens when only italy invest ? Will GB chits cancel out Italian ones? Or they get separate rolls?

2. And what if Germany decides to throw in some chits as well, after italians put their 5 chits? Which chits would GB chits cancel out then?

I think GB and Italy shouldn't cancel each other out since GB's influence (5% per chit) is better than Spaghetti's one (4%).

Or what if Italy has 3 chits and germany 2 ?

My head hurts already smile.gif

Originally posted by Blashy:

We're WAY ahead of you in that department :D

For now, about your last question, UK and Germany cancel each other out and so Italy still gets the possibility of getting hits.

But do Italy's 3% chit cancel out UK's 5% chit? Or does UK still get a 2% shot at the end of the day?