Questions for Terif...Patch 1.03

Terif;

Do you care to comment on patch 1.03? There are so many changes it makes your head spin. I see script changes for North Africa, Denmark, Norway, which is interesting. It would appear that Denmark will be attacked more, same for Norway, as if I'm reading right the US bumps but not Russia. Also wondering what the change is for North Africa, as that was a loophole for the Allies, being able to attack so freely with little consequence. Also those script changes for Iraq and other Middleeast countries, it seems the attack Syria to get Iraq in tactic will be altered. Also wondering how that Turkish HQ will effect things. Cheaper armies and other units. And the change to Sea-Lion readiness seems like a trade-off for the Germans having lower amphib range. And these are only the ones that come to mind. All-in-all the deck seems to have been moderatly reshuffled, and how this effect gameplay will be interesting and probably incredibly varied.

Bob

Yep, I have the english version of SC2, but fortunately the german patch 1.03 is also compatible with the english version - so if someone wants to train his german language knowledge he can already update and play with version 1.03 (you find it in the Panzerliga update list ) smile.gif .

In 1.03 the most changes have been bug fixing and AI improvements. But for gameplay there are in deed also some things smile.gif :

- There will now be a battle for Skandinavia, so either Axis or Allies will attack in the north now and Denmark/Norway will be a battlefield for sure since if Axis doesn´t want Norway, then Allies will take it.

- Middle east is now a bit of a roulette game since there is a 25% chance for upsetting Turkey that can even result in them joining Allies. I am sure many players will do the roulette game and then simply surrender if they have no luck...from my point of view this should be changed. A good player will avoid DoWing Iraq, but bad luck can now make a huge difference here, contrary to the situation in 1.02.

- much better is the improvement in the defence area: with weaker corps (offensive power reduced) and more important now useful fortifications and improved Anti-air defence of defenders in cities, defence now gets a slight change - at least at the right spots with enough time to prepare defences.

Offence is still the best defence in SC2, but it goes into the right direction smile.gif .

- Sealion: amphibious transport range is reduced and allied convois go to Egypt/Russia in case of a conquered England. On the other side US readiness increase has been reduced and USA will not join during a Sealion any more.

The reduced amphibious range makes it easier for Allies to defend the med if they want, but it doesn´t prevent a Sealion: if Axis concentrates its air in France, then it will get England without a doubt. But Allies can make it pretty expensive for Axis if they concentrate on the island defence and sacrifice the Royal Navy in the suicide attempt to get some transports, so Axis can be too weak to face Russia then. Alternatively Allies have the choice to more or less abandon England and declare Africa their home - with the reduced amphibious range it is much easier to defend Africa now for Allies.

Well, not sure what happened here but this patch is not only in German, but it's also incomplete. 1.03 has not been released by us yet. So consider the German version a beta patch or something like that. Meanwhile, I am going to cut a few heads over at Walkon, the german publisher. No idea what they thought of releasing this without approval.

Martin