Condition triggers

I'm trying to get my head around condition position triggers.

Specifically, I'd quite like to avoid having the Siberians turn up. Can someone explain exactly what the Moscow condition means?

Range 2min, 4max

Units 3min, 5max

The question I have is how the min/max elements work. If I only attack Moscow with 2 units, will that prevent the Siberian arrival? Or, once those 2 units move within the min range, will that set the trigger to 100%?

Even more important, what about when you're skirting around the hills SE of Leningrad. Do I have to keep the units within 4 squares of Moscow to 2 or less to avoid even the 40% chance of Siberians? Should that be 3 units ot less there?

Thanks.

Unlike SC1 (thank god!), they siberians seam to be comming no matter what. You might delay them abit (low chance) by avoiding the triggers but in the end they are comming (or thats what my play testing has shown). Get word from the Master if your interested in what the scripts say.

hi Bromley,

a little bit confusing how you write it. Unfortunatly I dont have my trigger list before me but they are simply written like:

[Range/ units to trigger]

With other words 4 range + 5 units says that you can put 4 units within 4 Squares from Moscow

2 / 3 you will trigger if you put more than 2 units in a range of 2 squares from Moscow.

Alas, (for me unfortunaetly redface.gif ) already in January 1942 Siberians could be triggered automatically.

I've cut out the relevent bits from the unit script and highlighted the specific instruction for range & unit numbers.

That says that the bracketed figures [2,4] and [3,5] represent [min_range, max_range] [min_enemy_units, max_enemy_units] for Moscow.

So there's a min range, a max range, a min unit, a max unit, a trigger % of 40% and a 100% date at 01/01/42. I assume that if I put no units within the max range then the Siberians won't arrive until 01.01.42. There does seem to be some scope to encircle Smolensk without triggering the 40% from the Moscow condition, I'm just not too sure about exactly how to do it.

Sombra. The 4 range, 5 units represent max limits. Are you saying that I could put 4 units east of Smolensk (as long as they're not 2 squares from Moscow)? Because I'm pretty sure that I've triggered them before with only 4 units

there.

INSTRUCTIONS

; USAGE:

;

; Basic structure for a unit event:

; {

; #NAME= Event name (this will be shown as a selectable event under an options menu within the game)

; #POPUP= Event popup text (this will be displayed when the event occurs)

; #FLAG= Will this be a default event for the campaign? (values range [0, 1]; True= 1; False= 0)

; #TYPE= With all other factors satisfied will this be a (values range [0, 2]):

; A) Single check regardless if trigger is satisfied= 0

; B) Multiple check until trigger is satisfied= 1

; C) Reoccuring check until end of game= 2

; #COUNTRY_ID= Country ID that will be owner of unit's in the event

; #TRIGGER= Trigger percentage that the event will occur (values range [0, 100])

; #DATE= Failsafe date for the event to occur, i.e. regardless if #CONDITION_POSITION checks have been satisfied (format yyyy/mm/dd)

; #DESTINATION_RESOURCE= Resource destination position for units listed by #UNIT_ID

; #CONDITION_POSITION= Map positions that will serve to trigger the event as well as distance and

; number of enemy unit ranges.

; Format: x,y [min_range, max_range] [min_enemy_units, max_enemy_units] [alignment]

; #UNIT= Units to be created as well as a name (optional).

; Format: unit_id [strength] [experience] [name]

SIBERIANS (Moscow Only)

#NAME= USSR Siberian Reserves

#POPUP= USSR Transfers Siberian Troops

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 1

#COUNTRY_ID= 4

#TRIGGER= 40

#DATE=1942/01/01

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 135,5

#CONDITION_POSITION= 112,10 [2,4] [3,5] [1]

[ August 11, 2006, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: Bromley ]

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

[....]

If you specify 1-99 then a random number would be selected from 1-99 and then this would be the minimum number of units needed in order to satisfy the condition and this would not be desirable if you want the condition to happen whenever there is at least 1 unit within at least 1 tile of the target.

To clarify things (here for Siberians):

- either there are enough enemy units within range of the condition positions OR the failsafe date is reached (Siberians: January 1, 1942). Then the event will be triggered with the appropriate Trigger percentage (here: 40% chance) at the end of each turn.

- units defined in the condition position:

Both numbers (min,max) give only the range from which SC2 selects a random number each turn that will be used as the minimum number of enemy units necessary to satisfy the trigger.

- Range defined in the condition position:

Same as for unit number: SC2 selects a random number each turn within the given range by min, max in the script that will be the maximum range where enemy units will count for the check if the trigger is satisfied or not.

I.e. in the siberian example (Moskov), SC2 first selects randomly each turn a range from 2-4 (e.g. 3) and then checks how much enemy units are within this range (unit in Moskov + units 1 hex away + 2 hex away + 3 hex away). Then it selects a random number from 3-5 (e.g. 4) for the units and compares it with the current number of units within range (in this example: if 4 or more units are within a range of 3 hexes around Moskov, then there is a 40% chance at the end of the turn that Siberians will arrive).

Summary:

Don´t worry about Siberians, they will arrive sooner or later in any case. If Axis advances fast, they will arrive earlier, otherwise there is latest from January 1942 on the 40% chance for them to arrive - so if Allies are not extremely unlucky and Axis don´t approach too aggressively, Siberians will usually arrive around spring 1942 smile.gif .

[ August 11, 2006, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Yep, Terif seems to understand game better than anyone, my theory on Barbarossa, Dive fast and deep taking all you can, an going as far east before they can recover or first winter event, takes their MPPS and makes them fight long to push you back. Best to get Siberians in before they get free tech anyway, makes it easier to kill them off also.