Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Dissapearing BEF

Playing as Axis and surrounded the Maginot line,behind the three French armies on the line was the BEF, during thier turn it Dissapeared, by what looked like Op Moved out.Cut off no supplies poof gone back to Britain.Just an observation so far other than that i like 1.03 and a teleporting Brit unit is by no means a game breaker.I havent tried going allies yet to see if i can do it with the Brit unit.Maybe just a AI cheat?

Titan, the BEF is scripted to retreat and possibly sea transport to either the UK or to the Mediterranean. Is it possible that on the AI turn there was a land connection allowing for the AI unit to operate? I only ask as it is most likely the case otherwise the BEF should not be able to retreat as you expected.

If you encounter a similar situation again, please save the game prior to the AI turn and if it is repeatable I can take a look and see what might be going on.

Were you able to completely block them with units? If theres an open path next to them, Paris and the maginot line obtain unoccupied squares next to them, i believe. Was the B.E.F. behind the maginot fortification closest to belgium? If you cut off the units there but dont occupy the squares with units it's likely Paris gained a vital square that allowed the B.E.F. to op. move to brest.

airfleetmodesim2.th.jpgwww.ImageShack.us" /></a>

In the above picture , if the B.E.F. was in one of the yellow hexes, and you didnt occupy the red squares with teal scribbles with units, then the B.E.F. should be able to retreat.