SPAIN and TURKEY AS Major Neutral Nations

Currently the Game only supports Production for the UK, USSR, USA, France, Germany and Italy.

Adding Spain and Turkey to this list would do three things.

1. Limit the benefit of Turkey or Spain joining the Axis Alliance

2. Be more realistic as their MPPs would go towards building, maintaining and developing their own armed forces and if they conquered any territory the MPP increase would benefit them not their ally.

3. Allow for interesting scenarios such as WWI with Turkey on the Axis Side.

I can't see this in some ways.

1- If they are conquered, then that conquerers decided what to do with their resources.

As it stands now, once a country is declared war on, it produces it's own MPP and can build new units (right?) , so until they are defeated, the country does have control over its resources.

But onces it is conquered, it should be the conquerer's choice.

BUT, if ANY country should happen to join one side, I feel their MPP production should be on themselves, even a small country like Canada, Hungary or Bulgaria.

Maybe we need a little bit more info on how this whole process of countries being able to manage themselves works.

Originally posted by Blashy:

BUT, if ANY country should happen to join one side, I feel their MPP production should be on themselves, even a small country like Canada, Hungary or Bulgaria.

I agree with the principle but not with the examples. Canada was part of the Commonwealth and Hungary and Bulgaria were pretty much the bitches of Germany. In both cases the minors did what they were told to do. The MPP they produce should be usable for their own uses, but the major nation they are attached to should also be able to override this, using the MPP for its needs instead. Other countries like Spain, Turkey and Finland on the other hand should work the way you said, ie. the major power can't overtake the production. That's what I think anyway.

In my example the MPP production of Spain and Turkey would only activate if they Joined the Axis or Allies. Much like what happens when the US or Russia joins the Allies or Italy joins the Axis.

If they were conquered then the Axis or Allies could use their production as they saw fit.

In my example Spain and Turkey would also be allowed to build new units, something which they can't do now.

This should not be extended to the other Minor Nations as their production base is too small to support the production or rebuilding of new units. Turkey has 3 cities and one port, while Spain has 3 cities and a resource hex. They also start the game with sizable armies.

[ April 23, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]