Bug ? UK army on Maginot line.

If the UK army in Europe stands on the Maginot line at the moment that France surrenders, then that part of the Maginot line isn't destroyed.

Even when the army moves out of the spot, the fortifications stay there.

And even when an Axis troop moves in, the fortifications stay there.

Intended ?

Not worth the effot HC, I do not think with the current game engine that anyone will exploit the Maginot Bug smile.gif

P.S. and by the way, why wouldn't the British keep the Maginot Fortifications up after surrender, they themselves haven't surrendered! They might keep them up for their own sakes

Originally posted by Liam:

P.S. and by the way, why wouldn't the British keep the Maginot Fortifications up after surrender, they themselves haven't surrendered! They might keep them up for their own sakes

Yes, I understand that part.

But then it should blow up when they leave it and an Axis troop marches in.

I think what is happening here is that the game automatically destroys remaining fortresses (when a country surrenders) if they are flagged 'Destroy On Overrun' unless there are some surviving units such as the UK occupying one of the pre-surrender fortreses such as a position in the Maginot Line

Then since the territory is now considered occupied by the Germans even if the fortress is subsequently vacated by the UK unit it is considered captured intact and thus not destroyed... well by the game code anyways smile.gif