Further Strategy Ptrs, AARs etc

First I am enjoying all the insight on this forum. Having my first pbem game and learning what a different experience a human opponent is :-( (France can actually be dangerous!).

I am continuing to try to learn. I've read all the AARs visible on this forum (seemed about 3 or 4 net). I read the relatively short (but helpful guide) on the multiplayer site. I found the old strategic command I guide. But of course it is a bit dated.

Were there any strategy articles written about SC2? (or SC2-waw). Ideally a guide, but perhaps that is too much too hope for.

Any other ptrs to fansites etc that might help? I found the 5star peach mountain one (but seems somewhat out of date). I went through the more obvious links at top of this forum.

I used to play 3R as a teenager, COS as adult and am quite enjoying learning this engine in a human player context.

Thanks!

Be sure to visit Cmmods.com, a site for storing mods to the Battlefront games. You'll need to register (but won't get spammed), and if you check on the little button on the sign-in you don't even have to remember your password.

There's a section for SC 2 Campaign mods. Click on 'Newest' and take a look at what's there (several campaigns and some sound and graphics mods).

lparkh, SC is a game in constant metamorphosis, just when you think you've got a good understanding of the features, it changes.

The game is full of unpublished idiosyncracies and the players will come up with all sorts of ways to abuse the engine.

My conclusion...after ..what ..like 5 years of playing....is:

"You just never know" :confused:

Just like life. smile.gif

Thanks folks. Philippe you made the mistake of helping me ;) so I have a followup question. I went to cmmods. Going to try out your nice authentic flags mod. Instructions seem clear. There are also some nice "paintman" 3D icons for the various tanks, planes, etc. However none of the zip files holding these seem to have any instructions on how to install. Do I just dump the files in the SC2-waw folder??

Seems strange there is no overall mod for these. Also some talk of "3D grids". I just now went through the mods forum trying to find instructions on installation. I found how to make them but not how to install! Probably my bad.

Would love to upgrade the icons since I find them a bit sterile in the official release compared to paintmans. Could you please advise on next steps?

Anyone modded the terrain itself? didn't find that.

Thanks everyone!

There are how-to folders in both games that make for very interesting and detailed reading.

There are also Paintman threads in this forum that will probably give you some of the background that's missing. If all else fails, try sending him an e-mail: I'm sure he'll be happy to answer your questions.

Sometimes SC modders put instructions in the mod description on the cmmods site, and forget to include a text file.

And always be sure that you know if you're looking at something that goes with SC 2 WaW or SC 2 Blitzkrieg.

Never tried the AH version, heard the AI was awful. If you mean the mod for SC I've not tried. Might be nice nostalgia.. though I think I like SC2 WAW as a model of WWII quite well.

Strangely enough, playing SC2 is making me break out my copy of boardgame "Europe Engulfed" which has always had high praise (see board game geek). May try out with my wife (yes I am a lucky man :)

Hi As per suggestion above I am trying to contact paintman to find out how to use his graphics. I can't find him as a member here. No readme files in the various graphics zips.

Some threads seem to imply he has an alias her. Paintman come out come out whereever you are... I want to use your wonderful graphics!

Thanks!