Long Spotting Range in AI?

That's pretty harsh Canuck ;)

Armuss, in general the AI does not directly attack what it cannot see, i.e. it plays under the same rules of FoW as a human player. That being said it could be a bug but it is more likely what Timskorn has described.

For example, I just I tried Fall Weiss on my end and the Axis AI Fighter attacked the French Army at (71,21) after it moved the Essen Corps to tile (75,21) revealing the French Army.

This test can of course also be repeated by anyone to confirm.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Doug,

Very odd as I have just run another round of tests, 3 tests with v1.03 and 3 tests with a v1.04 Beta I have on my end and have yet to see the AI Fighters at (78,20) attack anything other than the French Army located at (71,21) on the very first turn.

I should add that this is all under FoW since with this turned off the AI may attack another target.

Hubert

Hubert:

Yes, it is Fall Weiss and it is unmodified other than setting the difficulty to intermediate. And, yes, spotting and strike ranges are 4/5. Incidentally, when I ran it a fourth time, it again attacked the French tank. That makes four for four.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Ok I see the problem as it looks like there was a bug with the v1.03 AI FoW that was subsequently fixed for the upcoming v1.04 patch as well as for the v1.03 Demo.

In my tests I was running the v1.03 Demo as I had already been updated to v1.04 on my end and simply assumed both the v1.03 Demo and v1.03 Full Version were the same.

I just applied the v1.03 patch and you are correct that the Fighter attacked the Tank and not the Army. Not sure why the AI FoW correction did not make the v1.03 patch and only the v1.03 Demo but either way it is corrected for the v1.04 patch and is already a part of Patton Drives East.

Thanks for your patience on this one,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

I find AI cheat: AI (Axis) purchasing new units in & nearby "USSR city 0 to 4 supply".

Human (Axis) purchase only "USSR city 5 supply" and only in city.

This is cheat or bug?

PS.I like strong AI, but... ;)

I have yet to have this bug reported but if it happens as you describe then this would be a bug as well... if you have a saved turn where this happened I'd be happy to take a look.

Ideally if you have a saved turn right before it happens that would be ideal for me to track it down.

Anyone else notice this as well?

Hubert

The area where people make the most errors in this game is with the supply rules and if one person is the all mighty master it is certainly Terif.

I am sure if he played the AI (hardest settings of course) he would have spotted this sometime ago.

Not saying it is not possible, just highly unlikely.

Miech, control of tiles also changes at the end of a turn so what might appear as a situation where a unit did not have the proper supply it may of in fact had the supply on the AI turn.

For example, tiles around occupied cities can go back and forth in terms of control depending on who controls the cities as well as if an adjacent port is controlled by the AI or an adjacent city etc.

This may or may not apply but something to look for as well in assessing the supply situation on the map.

Hope this helps,

Hubert