The Calm & The Storm

Just came across some info on a new grand strategy game Strategy First is publishing in the spring called Making History: The Calm & The Storm. It looks more like HOI than Strat Com - risk-style provinces rather than hexes/tiles - and there's not a lot of info on it, but there are a couple of dozen screen-shots. Here are some links:

http://www.making-history.com/home.php

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/makinghistory/

Beer & pretzels? Might be worth a try . ...I'll 'Buy That!'.

I wanna be a 'Cowboy!.'

I wanna step in cow-dung!.

I wanna have some sick-fun!, playin with my 6-Gun!.

I wanna ride the 'high-range'...looking 'very-strange!'

---Addendum:

"Looking VERY-STRANGE!!!...indeed!". It look's like this game will use many of the Physical/Graphic features that SC2 is now using???. Of course, that is just my '1st' impression!.

And if that impression is at all correct???, then perhap's 'Hubert Cater' is making an impression in the professional gaming community???.

Now!, who want's to call me a deluded liar?.

[ November 12, 2006, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

I checked out the demo - looks like it really has potential. I wouldn't call it beer and pretzels really. Lotta detail. One thing I couldn't figure out is how to see a description or statistics for a unit. For example I had several fast battleships as Germany but no description of them or way to see what their stats/usefulness is. I kinda know what a fast battleship is but still that seemed missing. Maybe will be in the full version.

The game was a lot of fun - I'm looking fwd to the release.

I agree, JJColorado , 'a lot of detail', i only did up to step 3 of the tutorial, so i can't give any definitive verdict on it, but it look's like it just may have some promise to it!.

So far SC2 to this point anyway, i think is a more relaxing game!. I like 'Relaxing',...but that's not to say that the 'MAKING-HISTORY' game is out of the picture for me. It's got some feature's to it that i do like.

I'm not crazy about province style combat either- the thing that drew me to Strategic Command was the old fashioned "Avalon Hill" feeling to the game (i.e. hexes).

Still, I think anything that draws more attention to the Grand Strategy genre is a positive development.

[ November 14, 2006, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: R.J. ]

Hmmm ... the graphics and many features looked so much like HOI to me that I first thought it must be another game from the Paradox guys. (Seems like everybody can rip off everybody else in this business?) I didn´t play the demo, but am I correct in assuming that it is a turnbased WEGO-game? Because this would be indeed a GREAT feature. (It would be even better if it had hexes, of course.)