[AAR] BioWizard vs Iron Ranger

July 13 1940

East: Para, Air and Army units with HQs have been spotted moving up to the border. Our air boys call it quits and move deap into Russia.... the soldirs are told the new troops on the border are thier to subject the Pol's.

Med: German Armor advace into Egypt with Itilain ships protecting thier flank. UK bombers pound Torbrok in the hope of cutting supply as corps after corps pours into the desart from our commonwealth holdings.

West: German ships are spoted in the english channel. A trap is set and the Bismark falls into it... ambushed by the Hood and several other units she is stuck in a bad location...just south of London. Three German CNs try to break her free but before they can do much damage our CVs put the great ship to the bottom and sail off with a strong covering force. Sadly the Hood limps home at 1 str.

Alantic: More Sub raiding, now of the US convoys... damn Yanks dont seam to care eather.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aug 3 1940

West: Quiet, the German Navy has gone to port it looks like and the RN now can lick its wounds.

Alantic: More raiding by what looks like one wolf pack per the survivers of the sunk convoys.

Med: Two German Armor, One Air and a HQ are beating the daylights out of X3 thier own units. (see below)

East: The Bastards! Axis powers ignore our friendship and cross the wire in Russia. Well we will show them... our brave lab techs have been busy after all the scientits were kills last year.

Note: Is thier a supply bug with Troburk? I have been bombing it to crap (1 str on axis turn) yet his HQ is at suplly 8 and 4 hex's away. Thus his armor a long ways from the fort, and 3-5 hexs from the HQ are still in 'good' supply of around 5. Is it the PORT that gives supply in SC 2? If Hubert want to check our game we both have a save at close to this point.

Augest 31 1941

East: Riga and Minsk fall after a few weeks of fighting. Our boys are digging in around Lenningrad and other vital areas. Partisans are having a strong effect in the central marsh areas.

West: DOW on Denmark but with two channels to cross the German units cant get to the Capital. Naval units bomb the city but eh Dane's fight on.

Alantic: CV units of the RN spot two wolf packs in the 'black hole' between USA and UK. After two weeks of hide and seak (3 freakin dives during one attack) both sub groups are sunk. However more subs have been seen raceing into the North Alantic so our job is not done yet.

Med: Egypt is lost. A well planned out excape is conducted and with the bravry of our commonwelth units all UK air, land, and sea units excape to the South Alantic. Delaying mission done... its all we could do for the USSR.

USA around 80%

Oct 5 1941

Med: Quiet but all the Allies hold is 'The Rock'

Alantic: Sub raiding our convoys to USSR, RN in port for supplys and top secret data.

West: UK bomber now in southern england and paying a visit to the French Mine.

East: German army busy killing off our Partsians and no other significat advances. Minor movement up to Lenningrad but no other contact.

USA 80% even though Denmark fell.. Iceland gets a bomber BTW

Beginning of Barbarossa and, already Hitler realises it might not be such a good idea after all to attack the almighty red wich such a small army. He takes much comfort in the arms of Eva Brown. There is a straight line of fortifications trying to link Leningrad with Smolensk.

One corp is sent to push the finns a little but mud makes movements very hard. It is october and winter is soon going to strike.

Axis central command would pay a lot (if they could afford it) to know what the US plans.

Dec 14 1941

West: Japs bomb Pearl Harbor and the US is not happy.. she joins the allies on the historical date!

Atlantic: German subs continue to raid my convoys to USSR. RN is hunting but the seas are horid and we are taking damage.

Med: Axis powers assult poor Syeria and take its capital.. another reason for the Allies to burn Germany and Italy to the ground.

East: Winter sets in and the USSR shows off its new guns (IW 2). Otherwise just some minor movement in the snow. Another city falls to germany on, south side of the central swamps.

Tech: Germany seams to have alittle of everything. IW2 M2 AT2 Subs2 ??? Italy has GR2. USSR IW2 ??????

Originally posted by BioWizard:

Treachery! Axis Central High Command was betrayed by his own... Got to drink too many drinks during summer BBQ with my girlfriend. Let's see how alcohol affects coordination for Barbarossa.

This has to become a classic post. :D

Enjoying both sides of the AAR. :cool: smile.gif

January: Delaying Barbarossa by the axis is proving very costly. The russian theater is starting to look like WW1 trenches. The line of fortifications between Leningrad and Smolensk is complete and direct assault is out of question. We therefore have to try to pass south of it. The Axis try to get the russian tank out of Smolensk but with little success with the winter reducing air effectiveness.

So long known by both sides(Axis/russians) : Infantry Weapon 2/2, Motorization 2/1, Heavy tanks 2/2.

Steady minors collection by axis (Denmark, Tunisia, Syria and Egypt) keeps artificially high the morale/effectiveness of eastern troops but the 2 north afrikan tanks will soon run out of targets...

Iron Ranger assures me that I am giving him some challenge but I doubt it. :(

Finally, Axis gets some success in Russia. The tank in Smolensk is no more and Germans start rebuilding the city for possible Moscow assault. The next turn, Surprise! Russians start using three LVL3 rockets and kill a corps. A strenghtened partisan is amphibitiously sent to Yugoslavia in case it finds an empty city but they are well guarded. I guess Russians did not know what to do with it... Fortifications start to appear near the coastal city south west of Stalingrad. A lone Finland corps walked all the way to Archangel to find an empty city. Russians make sure to operate there the only unit they can, an aircraft. Axis possesses now all of Mediterranea, except Algeria... Morale boosting will soon stop. :( Still no sign of the almighty USA but I am sure its gonna be painful!

Sorry, my bad. It was a russian partisan strenghtened to 10 amphib sent from Sebastopol to Hungary, not Yugoslavia, in case it finds the capital of either Hungary or Bulgaria empty. An inexpensive attempt that could have paid a lot for Iron Ranger in Morale boost, diversion of ressources and so on... Lucky me, I left the minor armies rightfully entrenched in their capitals!

Ok here we go again, sorry didnt post anything last time as the action was fast and crazy.

Update:

June 28 1942

Med: Axis hold amost all or neutral. Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Syira, Malta, Libia, Tunis and Italy is in Axis hands. Only the Rock remains in Allied. Little to no action in the last 6 months except minor grabing by Axis.

West/Atlantic: One sub traped in the USSR convoy line. UK air is working over French resources, the german navy has not been seen for some time. All city in western eroupe have a corps on them so no special forces raids it looks like.

Balkins: A group of mad russia peseants invade Romaina by the sea and have been working over the country side while they get worked over by the Romaiana Armys (partisan corps landed 1 month ago and at 2 str now)

East: Running battles on the plains between Moscow and Krusk. No units in Krusk after June so we expect the axis demons to destroy this city. Raiding corps comming out of Odessia have found para and only a few corps in southern USSR. Sadly they hvae beter equipment then our lads and we take a beating from the encounter. Our secret weapons have now been reviewed. Rockets dug in behind our forts outside of Lenningrad rain hell on the german fools in northern USSR.

USA and UK are in meetings and cant be disterbed right now.

Augest 42

Med: Algera is a minor battle ground as one axis armour is kicking the UK troops from the Rock that is supporting this minor. Naval battles around the capital have seen 2 Italian and 1 UK BB go down.

West: Air battles around Brest.

East: Germany army breaks the dead lock around Moscow by killing off 2-3 corps, armys and armored units. Not without some loss's of thier own but the Red Army pulls back to dead in the steeps of Russia.

Atlantic: Last raiding sub is sunk my Norway.

Nov 42

East: German army is DEAP in USSR having taken Moscow and the city SE of it. Red Army is licking its wounds and waiting for winter.

Med: USA holds west Algeria, axis east. Its a stalemate for now. Huge naval battles around the Rocks saw 3 Italian BBs and and 2 German CNs go down. The allies lost 3-5 ships as well. Red Army rockets are training on the Iraq citys.

West: Air battles over eroupe but the axis air is in USSR so its one side'd

Weather has just sucked for me. NO mud turns in Russia at all. Not for 2 years now (41/42), its eather clear or winter.

Winter of 42/43

All has been pritty quiet. German unis continue to move around in the deep woods of russia but no combat now since Nov. That could be said of everywhere except the air over eroupe. UK and USA bombers are pounding the citys of France and Germany.

Spring:

The Allies plan is just unfolding in one turn. Iron Ranger is just pulling a gigantic combined operation by all its forces at once!

The turn before, Yugoslavia (my geography sucks as HellRaiser demonstrated, but this time it is really Yugoslavia ;) ) entered the war and attracted a german tank and HQ there.

Now, D-Day finally happens as 2 US armies and an HQ take Brest easily. The rest of England's armies (all evacuated from Egypt) still doesn't show themselves.

On the Eastern front, a russian corps takes an empty Bagdad reduced to rubbles by 4 rockets, at least level 4. Also, a lot of troops deployment seen around Stalingrad including 2 big armors.

So, it will be a hard one next turn for the axis as it has 2 fronts to fight. How many units should I deploy to Paris to contain or repel the americans? Are these units going to be just slaughtered by a yet to be shown Great Britain army? How much will i miss these units around Stalingrad for the epic battle yet to come?

Stay tuned...

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, long time since I played but continuing this game. Update below; All I remember from my overall plan was USSR was playing with rockers.

Update:

East: Gemany is pushing deap in the North with little resistance (Moscow has fallen and the 2 citys east of it). Roscov has just fallen to an advanced german group. The overall experance on the germans is huge. Perhaps too much at this point.

Balkins: Yougoslova has just Couped. A small german group is there ready for them.

Middle East: Iraq is Russian, Algeria has a few units from both sides fighting. All the rest is Axis

Alantic: Allies rules the waves

West: USA has just landed in Normandy.

Summer 43:

There are about 10 US armies in France, having taken the 2 coastal cities. Axis succeded in killing Bradley or Eisenhower left unprotected there but too many troops around. Paris still stands but for how long?

Russia took an empty Iran and England took Norway with 3 corps sent surrounding the capital. This huge morale boost makes axis fighting capacity very bad. They have been loosing 5-6 units per turn and cannot afford to buy them back turn after turn. They managed little success in Russia with killing 3-4 tanks and an aircraft but there two many corps and armies with high morale up there.

Ok, this one ended in another Iron Ranger grand victory! I feel no shame from my part, he is a very good player. Apparently, coming from him, it was close in Russia. My 4 well experienced planes up there did very good jobs against tanks, planes and HQs. Minor collecting by Russia in Irak and Iran (could not do anything against 4 rockets up there) and Norway by England all together with a joint USA attack in France and an all-out attack in Russia by all armies against low-morale germans made me loose 5-6 units per turn for 4 turns straight. My economy could not sustain such losses.

During this game, I learned a lot. The biggest lesson was how to handle navy battles. Having air planes spot the area before the engagement is a MUST... learned that the hard way. Also, a ship who just attacked and still can move should be moved one tile away from ennemy ships to make sure, during the opponent's turn, his ships will run into surprise contact with yours.

Ok, no play by play. Was too close to slip away and see where units attacked from and retreated.

Spring 43

East: A full German Army group is overruning Russian Citys. Vologda, Gorky have fallen and the USSR has little left to stop any other moves east. Mother Russia will have to take care of herself as all units are needed south. Battle of Voronezh begins with 4 armored units and several infentry (only one 5 str air as spoter). Opening rounds is a draw. All 4 USSR armor are destroyed but 2 German armor killed and alot of his units are weakend to 3-6 str.

Middle East: USSR units push into Syira and Iran. Rockets start moving through the MTs (Tech5/2)

North Africa: All but one US corps is pulled out. Several Naval units left weak but near the 'Rock'. Just in case Italy rebuilds her navy (its down to 1-2 units maz)

Balkins: Youslovia has joined the allies. One corps destroyed by german armor in Hungery. The other two dig in and reinforce.

Alantic: Allies rule the waves

West: US units have landed in France. Opening battles has the US lose Bradley but one German Armor and Corps are cut off from Paris (Vichy still Neutral). US para lands next to the solo german air in france and knocks it down to str 2. Most importantly, Bordeaux has no german unit on it now.