[AAR] BioWizard vs Iron Ranger

Well, Bio and I have had problems connecting so I'm not sure this match will lift off. But we are going to give it a try. Std 39 game with 3 house rules.

1)No sealion before DOW on Russia but 1 corps 1 army 1 air unit must remain in UK (after Framce falls)

2)Fleets must stay within one hex of ports for inactive minors (exception Italy can run back and forth to Libia but start and end within that one hex range)

3)No DOW on Turkey by axis unless all attacking units come from the Eroupe side.

First time for Bio to be Axis vs Human.

[ July 23, 2006, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sept 17

East: Weak attack on Poland, Warsaw well defended against the foolish Huns that cross the border in to the great nation of Poland.

Med: Quiet, but that fool in Italy is not looking like hes happy with the Western power's

West: France notes a HQ and armor on the border with BenLux but they do nothing.. only god can save them now.

Hmmm 2 tech hits this soon. Sad as in some games I swear I never get a hit till mid 40

Oct 8

East: Warsaw falls.. damn it, it falls to those Hun bastards but the Pols will fight on in the fields and MTs; but with no supply

West: BelLux falls quickly to a combined arm's assult that France cant stop. Her armys are still getting filled out and it looks like UK is sitting out this war.

Med: Quiet

Nov 5th

East: Pol units reach the edge of Berlin. The rain and mud the sweaps across eroupe saves them from the hunter killer units of Huns in Poland. One small army group is now hiding in the swamps east of Warsaw tracked by 5 german units.

West: Mud so the Huns dig dirt and await units from the east before advancing.

Dec 3

East: Poland waves the white flag. Her Partasin units are all but bleed white as the snow that now blankets eroupe.

West: Huns dig in and France calls up more reservist as UK is sitting on her island and not aiding them.

Ouch: Lost comm and I droped two tech for Russia... damn but HT2 in 39 would have been sweat!

Feb 25:

East: Russia takes a few lakes from thier brothers in Finland, they have enough already

West: More cold weather so the fighting is limited but the Huns are using thier huge numbers to some advantage by pushing in the holes in the french Line. One UK corps shows up to help France.

I think I just learned the "take Benelux on turn 2 gambit" is worthless. Yes, you get extra MPP, but as Terif pointed out with the now famous (Don't get Denmark or any minor country before Russia and US are in war because the %increase represents far more MPP for them than the gain for the axis), mud coming on turn 3 and only half your army being there doesn't really make capture of France that faster and hurts more of your armies.

For now, I see this game as a major lesson for me, enjoying it very much and we shall see if I be a little challenge for Iron Ranger.

p.s. Seeing the other thread involving a cheater, I am glag to say I never nor will never cheat ;) !

April 7 40

East: Quiet

Med: Quiet but Italy see's the advances of Germany and DOWs the Allies

West: Navel battles around Brussles while subs raid the Egpyt convoys. France is now ready to counter attack however half of the country is in Huns hands.

May 5th

East: Nothing

Med: UK advances out of egypt and hits Torbrok with air and sea units. The oil and food burn while the Itialian troops dig and dig.

West: Three French armys pound on a germany armor group but the UK Corps dies in protecting thier flank. Mine and one Mag Line hex taken. Hun units control all north of Paris.

June 30 40

East: Quiet

Alantic: Some raiding going on, just not steady

Med: Torburk is getting hit from every angle. How long can the wine drinking fools from Italy hold on UK wounders. And where is thier navy? Will it not come to thier aid?

West: Units around Paris are dieing, one German army goes down in a counter attack and the Para takes some damage after droping behind the Mine. The Mag line is compleately lost but we recapture the Mine. Viva La France... Viva La France!

July 28 1940

East: USSR take the baltic states, slowly making up tht tech they lost when the lab burned down

Alantic: Subs raiding in two spots, one founds near the coast of Spain.

Med: Trubrok falls and French fleet bravly sails up to the Heal of the Boot. They find Itilian ships in port with huge new guns (GR2).

West: All hope is lost in France as only the Armor in Paris is left of thier brave troops.

Sept 8 1940

East: USSR continues to gain back all the lost knowallge from Stalins purges masked as a lab fire... still a long ways to go.

Alantic: No raiding for some time now... but we hunt for the damn subs anyway.

West: All quiet (UK has meet her requirement of garison on the turn France fell. We will see how this effects the game)

Med: Itlian Army holds the center city in Libia but it has no supply as the UK bomber destorys all the convys that reach the city. Several German Air fleets are seen moving into Sicily... Malta put on high alert

Oct 20 1940

Alantic: Sub are raiding Canadian convoys hard... and the First Lord has heard that the Bismark is finished an put to sea. Orders go out to H force and SF force to seach and SINK the ship.

East: USSR Air scouts german poland and notes troop movements of 3 corps and 1 army.

West: UK feels tough with its BEF and XXX corps holding the beachs.

Med: Malta is taking a pounding. UK continues to bomb the coastal road in Libia.

Nov 17 1940

East: Hungery and Romaina join Axis powers.. the fools!

West: Mud in Eroupe

Alantic: More sub raiding.. RN is too busy looking for the Bismark to worry about some pesky subs.

Med: UK units move and engage the Itliain Army in the middle city. Bomber ruins more roadway. Malta corps is destroyed but island is still UKs.

Some allie commander is starting be be pissed by subs? Meanwhile, RN seem to move altogether in case they meet the brand new all upgraded italian navy! Egypt bomber still maintaining east italian city at 0 supply. Malta rightfully belongs to axis now, for whatever it can change...Axis seem to diplo 3 countries at once (Spain, Norway and Sweden) with only a 9% increase for Allies for Iraq (not enough for convoy, probaly done by the french)

May 18 1940

East: Lots of Naval movement by the Huns in East Prussa but our scout planes have not seen any ground force's moving up to the border. Even so our slaves.. errr people have started digging and digging around Leningrad.

West: Subs continue to raid Canadian convoys so our ships head north and surprise surprise they find a wolf pack off the coast of Spain.... all ships move in at flank speed and battle the advanced (L2) SOBs. After several dives however our CVs finish the job.

Med: After losing the 7th Armor in a pitched battle with the DAK in central Libia our brave troops figure defence is a good idea.