Playing as Spain, or any other minor nation in multiplayer

I've been wondering if it's possible to play as one of the minor nations such as Spain or Sweden in multiplayer or is it limited to the Major powers (France, USSR, US, UK, Germany and Italy).

I figure it would be interesting to play as Spain or Sweden to see if you can successfully go your own "3rd" way, resisting Axis and/or Allied domination. I ask this because it would probably be more interesting than playing France only to sit out the vast majority of the game. Spain has a couple of candidates for conquest like Portugal or even Vichy France if the German player is tied down in Russia. Sweden could create a "Nordic Empire" up in Scandinavia.

I suppose the German player can continue on into Spain after conquering France, but could he/she afford the delay it would take to conquer a Spain being commanded by a human player? The Allies might be willing to throw in any Free French forces into the fray, delaying Barbarossa to the German player’s disadvantage.

In any case, I highly doubt the long term viability of playing one of these nations, and you can always make a custom "What if" scenario.

But to my main point, is it possible for a human player to control a minor nation in the "Europe" scenario or to take control (With the other player’s permission) of another nation during the game? Or are the nations available to player limited to the Major Powers?

BTW: I've been playing SC1 and I have no idea how you guys do half the things you pull off against each other.

No, that will not be possible, it was explained that for MP you will be able to control more than one country at a time.

So someone who has France could take one of the other 3 Allied Majors (USSR, USA, UK).

The minors have to be activated to be used, probably through being DoW on or now that SC2 will have diplomacy, it could be activated that way, then the person who will control that will be on whoever's side it is.

There was a quick blurd written that each minor has something like a parent nation, those are the major powers. What I got from it is that whichever say Spain has for a Parent nation, then whoever controls that major power will control Spain.

I hope that helps, nothing concrete but a general idea.

We may never find out... the game is taking longer then Rome did to build.

LOLOL,

Ah, but so... the view!

The view, I tell you!

From any one of them 7 hills, oh,

Any at all that you would choose,

Come mid night,

Then the moon's full tilt light

Is - glancing - dancing! across the white

March of marble,

WILL BE... splendid. :cool: