Quick Question: AI use of HQ units

I absolutely agree! The A.I. was terrible in SC-1 regarding the operating, deploying, & use of HQ's in the game.

I too would like to see the A.I. do super human moves (why not? a computer isn't really a person?). The A.I. should calculate odds, compared distances, & be position in the best possible position.

With the proper use of algorithms (regressive ones), this should be easy to accomplish.

Getting on the A.I. bandwagon,

Rambo

Originally posted by Mr.Dozer:

recentl i gave the germans all the HQ starting out, they werent bad but taking france had all the HQs s oclose together

All the HQs? u crazy or something?

Anyway, this reminds me of 1 game when my opponent was hosting and "erased" my 2 german HQs in 39' campaign. I thought: Damn im good but not that good. I surrended.

well with all the HQs the computer wont do stupid thing like hmm instead of a army lets make a HQ and send it to yugoslavia or italy. they will make troops and waste HQs by doing that but its not that bad, if anyone want to try it you should lol. they got some other advancements and stuff

My guess is that HC most likely, but not confirmed, has improved how the AI utilizes and deploys HQ units.

From my perspective it would include ensuring that HQs are moved where they can support the maximum number of units of the same nationality and that HQ units know when to retreat.

Often in Sc1 I would see cases where 4 HQ units would be in Greece after operating West in the face of a Russian advance, 1 German HQ unit would be in Italy surrounded by Italian units, no German HQ units would be deployed on the Western front to help defend France against D-Day, and one lone HQ unit would be advancing in the north towards Leningrad.

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

My guess is that HC most likely, but not confirmed, has improved how the AI utilizes and deploys HQ units.

AI HQ management was terrible in SC1 and it was 1 of the reasons u could edit the game giving everything to AI and still beat it.

im pretty confident SC2 will be better, anyway it cant go worse.

Tha HQ-play in SCI was indeed not the best side of the AI. That's why I never attacked them as a "iron man rule", it was too easy.

Together with the "never attack the planes with land units" it made the game alot harder and so much more fun to play.