Dedicated Site for Mods and Scenarios???

I was just wondering if somone knows of a site that will be hosting SC2 fan made mods and maps. ai scripts, etc...?

I'm looking forward to fan made maps from favorite periods in history and to see if the editor can translate these different periods into fun games. I could see an American Revolutainary War scenario and other scenarios, ad infinitum. Civil War, Napoleon, Scipio Africanus, Peloponesian War, Ancient China, Shogun Period, Crusades, Iran/Iraq, WW3, 7 Year War, Italian City States, the Last Kingdom and Alfred the Great, you get the idea... Does anyone have plans of trying to cover a more obscure period in history? (Yes, of course after you have Blitzed and bombed your way through WW2, the big one :D )

I know ther'll be a gaggle of WW2 in the Pacific scenarios.

Has anyone thought about what scale they would make the land units in a Pacific scenario? Division size maybe?

Hello

I will try that sort of things, and I have work for ten years... But we must wait the game and see what is exactly possible. :rolleyes: The time in long, :( Hubert. Please, go fast ! tongue.gif

When I will begin to work seriously, after buying it ( Work faster, Hubert ! :D ), I will open a "mods thread" on the french forum CYBERSTRATEGE (written in french and in english). All my mods mods will be in french and english, if my automatic translator accept to correctly work.

I will probabely begin with :

1/ " 2D" generic mod

2/ "War of Falklands-1982",

But in first : I will give me a period for training and learning the game. ;)

Im sure that many will want to use their own Unit & Terrain Graphic's in games...

...Soooooo...maybey someone can devise an Associater of some type,...so that the Right Graphics Modules can be Auto-Loaded for Campaign's/Scenario's Etc...so that we don't have to figure out through Trial-&-Error and try to Guess or find the correct Graphic's for those games!.

Thanks for the info. I'll be checking out Panzerliga and CM Mods & SC2 Database. I'll also be looking forward to your work Fantomas as I have followed your thread regarding mods.

I was thinking it would be good if there was a mechanism to comment and perhaps review and grade a user submitted scenario. Perhaps different 1 to 5 rankings for such things as accuracy, map, balance, units, ai script if any, overall fun, etc... This might help in sifting through large ammounts of user made content. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much content there ends up being.

I just went to Panzerliga. First off, at the opening screen there are two flags for language choice, German and Union Jack.

Secondly, my first impression is that the interrface is well laid out and there is lots of content for some games that I may have to retake a look at, PG2 etc... Thanks.

@Foobar --- Dude, click your Union Jack, that's fine and dandy for headings. Try reading something of interest, kid. Forget Union Jack, I want Old Glory. English language is King. So is the dollar bill...and forget the metric system while we are at it.

Repeat, so you understand. Try reading something of significance. We want the world speaking English & we want it now!

LOL. I could see that coming from a mile away. Hopefully your game is not as predictable as your rap. ;)

Yeah, I just saw that the forums are in German, mostly. Do a web search for 'tranlator'. You should be able to lift discussion content and drop it into the translator for comprehension. I haven't tried this yet with forum content, but I have with other stuff and its understandable but not perfect.

[ March 21, 2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Fubarno ]

If you're so fond of using English, then try using it properly - there is no such thing as a World Cup of "Soccer", it is the Football World Cup. Soccer is only used in the US to distinguish the Beautiful Game from some unknown local game which for all practical purposes is only played in the States - the rest of the World plays the true football. You see, English is a tricky business. ;)tongue.gif

I have been to Panzerliga and read thier site fine in English. They also have an English forum and it was used as an opinion site by one idividual who really made no sense.

It is common knowledge that Spanish is over taking English in our United States of America. Maybe we should push our government to finally make English our national languauge and make immagrants actually learn it....

Yeah, if you hang with illegal aliens you'll hear alot of Spanish...or do they speak Mexican? Pal, if you want to speak that lingo & not learn English, that's fine...you won't become CEO soon.

Far as "spreaken zee Englander" in PL, that one dude is me, giving those dudes the Gospel.

As originally posted by Fubarno:

I was thinking it would be good if there was a mechanism to comment and perhaps review and grade a user submitted scenario. Perhaps different 1 to 5 rankings for such things as accuracy, map, balance, units, ai script if any, overall fun, etc..

Good idea.

I hope someone - perhaps the Cat from Columbus O already has the thing properly done?

Will establish a SIZABLE site right quick.

We're gonna need it. ;)

This might help in sifting through large ammounts of user made content. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much content there ends up being.
LOL+

There will CERTAINLY be an amazing

Amount of "content."

I predict this:

Within a week or two, tops,

We'll have, oh,

40-50 new!

SC-2 Blitzkrieg!

Scenarios for WW-2 and!

Mini-campaigns or

Even, huge 9-mile-sized encounters, for

Just about every other war

Or skirmish ever fought,

And,

That's a helluva lot!

Like I've said,

I myself have made several already,

(... as has Mr Bill and Blashy too)

And if I can do it,

Given my mediocre spatial relation skills,

ANYBODY can. smile.gif

What FUN to be had,

Not long from now.

Nope, not so long a'tall. smile.gif

Originally posted by Desert Dave:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> As originally posted by Fubarno:

I was thinking it would be good if there was a mechanism to comment and perhaps review and grade a user submitted scenario. Perhaps different 1 to 5 rankings for such things as accuracy, map, balance, units, ai script if any, overall fun, etc..

Good idea.

I hope someone - perhaps the Cat from Columbus O already has the thing properly done?

</font>

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Yeah, if you hang with illegal aliens you'll hear alot of Spanish...or do they speak Mexican? Pal, if you want to speak that lingo & not learn English, that's fine...you won't become CEO soon.

Far as "spreaken zee Englander" in PL, that one dude is me, giving those dudes the Gospel.

It's a shame to have to tell all the Puerto Ricans that they're not American Citizens because mr rambo says so.

(for the unknowing, anyone born in Puerto Rico is a US citizen since 1917 and the official language of Puerto Rico is Spanish. doesn't that mean, by definition, that they speak American as well?)

:D

I predict this:

Within a week or two, tops,

We'll have, oh,

40-50 new!

SC-2 Blitzkrieg!

Scenarios for WW-2 and!

That's what I was thinking too. I usually won't have time to load, look over and play everyone of them. A review mechanism will help so that I and others can easily find the the highest rated 'War in the Pacific' scenarios (etc...) out of 20+ that will get made.

Yes, I just updated the SC2 portion of CMMods to include ratings for scens.
Way to go! I'm looking forward to some interesting uses of the editor and modifications. That's not to say I wouldn't have bought the game without a map editor. The WW2 in Europe is still the main draw. But who knows...?

Oh, yeah, and it's always good to read some feedback from other gamers on the work one makes. It's sort of a reward for hard work to hear that other gamers like what one has crafted. Of course any suggestions made to a user made scenario could contribute to making it that much better too.

Very cool. I bookmarked your site. I'll be looking forward to SC2 content if SC2 is the game we all think and hope it will be. I'm bored with SC1 but will check out some of your SC1 scenarios to see if it can spark my interest.