Skill & Luck: Top Secret Enigma Released

Rambo is good but not the greatest, as for Intuitive Players HR and Rambo are the best I've played. Iron Ranger is quite good as well. But I haven't had as much IP play as I'd like either. There are a lot good players in the community that do not play when I do. Terif is not a Intuitive, mouseclicker. He falls into the category of a Strategists, tactician. All his thoughts and movements are preplanned and he may invest heavily in areas of tech to achieve his aims, he does as the other players appear to do but he is much more methodical, in that he does it with the Least Amount of Chance involved! Though even he sometimes gets trapped, despite his experience. He sometime doesn't achieve his goals within an expected lifetime.. tongue.gif

I've seen it and I've had it happen. I will release this from a game I'm having vs him right now. This is how our game went with us, with no luck involved. 39 fall weiss, myself Axis... 1 chit 2nd turn into IW, 2 Chits by 1940... 4 Chits by Fall of 1940... NO RETURN! 5 chits by the transition into 1941! Finally a hit!!! and then another, within several turns smile.gif Finally

This is about 5th maybe 6th time that's happened in 50-100 SC2 games. The delay was annoying, as I didn't hit IW3 until almost Summer of 1941 but I did hit it and did not end the game. Luckily he didn't hit it either, and I'm not fighting anyone but the British, so it doesn't matter...

Top Secret but truthful, now had I not hit IW2 by 1942 I do not think I could continue but I haven't had that ever happen but maybe 1 or 2 Xs and I didn't know how to invest properly.

Considering, IW2 is the least you must have to Keep going, you cannot really as Germany win the game with IW1 as far as I know! Unless of course you had level4 or 5 tanks and enough of them that or some great alternate strategy...

Every time you make an advance in IW, if you add in an extra chit you'll get IW probably 95% of the time within a year, so you need to plan ahead in your techs, if any of you are leaving that up to chance you'll lose... Cash out in the end 200MPPs is worth not losing the game but a lot of players do not know this smile.gif

Yeah :mad: Noone messes with my Aircraft, I love Fighters, not because I have to have the tech, but because they look cooler than everyone elses :cool:

Only thing is the USA Fighters sprite suck rearend! a P41 for level2 :( I want my P38s and P51Ds

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Yeah, dude, but you put tons of dough into Jets, you love that tech.

Only game I'm in TPC right now. Jan 44!!... and I just got through my lack of tech hits... for two years. Hit IW3(3chits in it since 41), HT1 HT2 HT3.. in three turns. Previous two years nothing, no tech advances since spring of 41. I'm axis, and still in the game. Luckly the Allied played is playing concervitive and didnt force the issue. So it can happen, low tech games actually are more fun I feel as it spreads out the distruction and length of the game.

Personally I push for a limit on tech chits, 2 max seams right. Then again I like messing with different options, UK capital to Canada, no free Iceland for UK, railheads, ect...... Keeps the game lively in that you cant 'plan' out everything as some factors are new each time.

I like to keep my research at the limit with Germany. I have had some runs of bad luck, but then again, I've had some runs of great luck as well. In one game against the AI, I had such rotten luck with tech that the Russians ended up having better tech than me in 1941. In the next, I got hits on Advanced Aircraft two turns in a row at the very beginning of the game. In another, I've had no luck with HT despite having a research chit on it for two years. You just have to roll with it and focus on what you get good luck in.

Perhaps you should overinvest in the areas of your major interest smile.gif

1 chit ain't much...I usually put 3 of them in areas I consider vital and if I still have 'bad luck' I sink extra 2. Now with 5 chits, you should start seeing some results - if you still don't, shut down the PC and do something else that day tongue.gif

You know how they say: If you're unlucky, you'll even stumble upon a nail inside a p*ssy smile.gif

HR I hear you're in the Final. Going to be possibly crowned King! smile.gif Good going m8 you up late these nights

as far as luck I have played on-line poker for 3 years. Some real life poker. Just one incident against a guy I know, watch what happened. Pocket 88 vs KK 20% chance to win, I win! He Buys back in, same hand again!!! Pocket 88 about 50 hands later... he has KK, I won 20% chance!!! Not only that, I flop a Straight Flush to the 8! The likelyhood of that is about 1 in what, 500,000! Then, to top it all off, this dude comes back to win the grand prize with about 1/7th my stack of chips!!! Guess I should've not let him Re-buy tongue.gif

"Going to be possibly crowned King" - king of what? smile.gif

If Terif had posted 'HR luck sack wins' it would've been another story...but I doubt he will ever post a loss (if he will experience one) this way smile.gif

SC2 has only one true king and that's herr yoda - the rest are 2nd tier players or 3rd or whatever.

Unless someone will devote the amount of time and patience Terif devotes to this game (which will never be my case) , he will remain the undisputed champ full stop smile.gif

As Rambo nicely put it some time ago: you don't win the silver, you just lose the gold.

Ole Bud, I miss you!! You're very clever with your units and a quick learner. I'm relatively slow and need to study a lot to catch up... Played Yoda several times and I've learned a lot from the Master, you can easily become gunshy vs such a expert countermeasure type player! He knows it too. Best to be "bold, Aggressive," or take a second seat...