One ongoing minor irritant in SC1 & SC2 is that when as the Allies you declare war and conquer Vichy France it does not revert back to France but becomes a conquered nation of the Major that took it. Realistically there is no way that the UK or US would not hand back this area to the Free French. Even if you conquer Vichy first (which can happen if you take theNorth Africa / Operation Torch route with the US) it should still be handed over once Paris is liberated. Can we chnage this easily?

I noticed this in a recent game against the AI. I kept getting the new units notification after I liberated France, but was unable to place the new French units. Is this a glitch in the game?

Sorry if this is newb question. I only just got the game and haven't delved into scripting and don't really know how scripts works. Perhaps this will be fixed in a patch?

Originally posted by Panzerkiel:

I noticed this in a recent game against the AI. I kept getting the new units notification after I liberated France, but was unable to place the new French units. Is this a glitch in the game?

Sorry if this is newb question. I only just got the game and haven't delved into scripting and don't really know how scripts works. Perhaps this will be fixed in a patch?

It's not unique - happened to me as well. I think the AI retains the production from before the fall of France and then starts it back up again after any hex of France is liberated. Obviously a bit of a pain since until you actually take a city back and have a free square adjacent to it you cannot place the new troops.