Diplo: "Spain is Lame" strategy, USA still a joke, Germans overated

Er, the Germans didn't even plan on forcing a peace.

From der Fuhrer lips,

"The final objective of the operation is to be the attainment of a line sealing off Asiatic Russia and running, in general, the Volga-Archangel. From such a line the one remaining Russian industrial area in the Urals can be eliminated by the Air Force should the need arise."

Just wanted them militarily impotant. Didn't even care if they surrendered or not.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rolend:

Blashy yea and look at the total number of Russian troops wounded/killed/captured in the frist few months of the war, had that been any other country it would of been finished. I think the Germans were doomed from the start even had everything gone perfectly for them, the best they could of hoped for was to force a peace and as long as Stalin was in charge there was no way that was happening.

Um, and if the UK was attached to France, (in an alternate world tongue.gif ) would the UK have survived?

Agreed Lars, Hitlers intention was never to take all of Russia, but had he achieved all he wanted and the Russians off'ed Stalin then came to him asking for peace I think he would of listened. Once again a lot of IF's.

EDIT ADDED:

NO way FartKnock3R, they might of lasted another couple of months. That little bit of water saved their bacon, but then it has throughout most of their history.

Tsk tsk, you guys ignored the problem with that little alternate scenario.

Small Royal Navy, much, much bigger British Army.

I mean, if you're going to make the UK a continental power, you have to adjust the defense policy to suit. ;)

Originally posted by Lars:

From der Fuhrer lips,

"The final objective of the operation is to be the attainment of a line sealing off Asiatic Russia and running, in general, the Volga-Archangel. From such a line the one remaining Russian industrial area in the Urals can be eliminated by the Air Force should the need arise."

Just wanted them militarily impotant. Didn't even care if they surrendered or not.

This is why I find it important that a Soviet "surrender" in the game does not give ANY plunder.

Originally posted by Blashy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

From der Fuhrer lips,

This is why I find it important that a Soviet "surrender" in the game does not give ANY plunder. </font>