What settings do you use?

Played as the Axis with the new patch, found out the AI for the allies has to be beefed up, four american units landed at algiers without a HQ unit in 1942, they did nothing for 1 year but sit there, after the Italian army[?] [who] defeated by themselves first the British in all of north Africa [that should not happen in my estimation] they defeated the 4 american units pretty easy, to me that's a nono. Some people worry about a cetain name not being right in the game, boy really important, you ought to worry about the AI being redone instead. It is my opinion that no one can do a good AI, NO ONE!

Okay got that out of my system, I would like to know what settings you use against the Axis AI or the Allied AI, I mean all of your settings from top to bottom. Even some scripts that could help the AI. Thank you for any help I can get.

Willy

Well I play on 100% and .5. I turn Railheads on(means army units have to be next to a city to use operate) Outside of that nothing special. If you want to make the AIeven stronger you can go into the editor and give them units or tech or even added resourses.

Originally posted by Rolend:

Well I play on 100% and .5. I turn Railheads on(means army units have to be next to a city to use operate) Outside of that nothing special. If you want to make the AIeven stronger you can go into the editor and give them units or tech or even added resourses.

Rolend how do you turn railheads on?

Willy

I didn't find rail heads in the scripts, I had to go into the editor. Select Campaign options, then the advanced tag then check the Railheads box, then save and exit.

It is one of the few that is unchecked and I am not sure why. It would be nice if it was one of the options selectable inside the game but no big deal. Personally I would restirct Operate like unit update, if a unit is next to an enemy unit or will be next to one when it Operates I would not allow it, air units excluded of course.

Blashy I understand the scale but just beacuse a square is a certain size does not mean the enemy next to it is way far away. I just think it is gamey to allow a unit under the eyes of the emeny, take a week to load up all its gear, people and supplies all the while the enemy units wave goodby and wish them a safe trip.

At least make it like landings, if you Operate out of or into a square with an emeny then that unit should risk taking damage.

I play with max difficulty and soft building limits.

The reason for the soft buildings limits is Italy, lol.

I never FIGHT with the Italians, all I ever do with them is garrison Norway, France, Egype and the UK and that takes 12 units, more then you can buy without soft limits.