Commonwealth forces missing in WAW

Hello everybody,

During one of my games as allies, my opponet launched a succesful Sealion. Then he moved his german forces to Africa and entered in Egypt... but in any moment any Commonwealth force where received by the British.

The German forces are close to El Cairo but any units come to delay the End!!! :eek:

Anybody knows the reason of this behaviour? At present it is 1941, June.

Thanks in advance.

If he already took Alexandria and UK surrendered, then the Commonwealth forces won´t come any more: they can only appear as long as UK has not surrendered.

With UK still in the game, Commonwealth forces are triggered 100% when axis units come within 3 tiles of Alexandria or Cairo - so if your opponent didn´t take Alexandria in one turn and had units within 3 tiles range of Alexandria for at least 1 turn before conquering it, then I would check the advanced options menu if the Commonwealth events may be deactivated (when starting a game the players can activate/deactivate events via the options menu).

But from your description I guess it is the first possibility and you didn´t defend Alexandria so he was able to take it too fast and UK surrendered before the Commonwealt troops had a chance to appear.

Hello Terif,

No, he was figthing 4 turns more or less within 3 tiles of Cairo and then he took the city. I am playing Rannug and he told me that it was the first time he saw that behaviour. I don't know what happened... is it possible to check the advanced options during a game?

¡Thanks for your answer!

Yes, you can check the options during the game.

P.S.: Cairo is irrelevant - only Alexandria is important for your case since this is the third UK capital. Only if he had to fight for Alexandria longer than one turn you get your Commonwealth troops in case of Sealion.

Thanks for the turns and I took a look and the only thing I can see is that the UK government was transferred to Egypt before the failsafe #DATE of March 1, 1941.

So unless the #CONDITION_POSITION triggers were satisfied before the transfer of the UK government then these Commonwealth units will not appear as they appear only for Egypt and not the UK. Problem is that since the UK goverment was transferred to Egypt, Egypt no longer exists and as a result the units are unable to deploy.

Hope that helps,

Hubert