U.S.A. Still too small

Although the connection of Canada to the U.S.A.

and the addition of Iceland is a welcome improvement, the U.S.A. is still far too small.

And so is the Atlantic Ocean. Would it really take away from the game to have a more realistic scale?

The scale is realistic, but the game's focus is still on Europe. The map has to end somewhere smile.gif

Having said that, two things to keep in mind: still work in progress; and, with the editor, you can make a map that shows the entire US if you like. Or, uh, shows the continents on the planet Zorg smile.gif

Martin

What I was wondering about, along these lines, is if there's twice of much of the USSR -- presumably straight east -- and it will never see action in most games, why not shave some of that off and place it in the Atlantic if it still isn't wide enough.

It's hard for me to guage from those screen shots.

In a strict WWII sense I don't much care about North America as I don't believe there was any chance of a German invasion, it would be a luxury for home made scenarios to use.

The only reason North America is there in the first place, I believe, is purely a game mechanical one. Ie. the Americans must get their MPPs from somewhere and need a base to put their newly "built" units to before shipping abroad.

As originally posted by Exel:

The only reason North America is there in the first place, I believe, is purely a game mechanical one. Ie. the Americans must get their MPPs from somewhere and need a base to put their newly "built" units to before shipping abroad.

And that's they way MOST WW2 GS games do it, whether you are talking a "golden oldie" board-games like 3rd Reich, or a newer iteration like Total Krieg!

USA is mostly always an "off-map" box used as a staging area and a Fort Knox-like repository for the economic treasure.

Now, Hubert has his OWN way of doing, which is good for all of us who like accomplished war games that have elan and savoir faire.

Besides, like Moon has reminded, you CAN make a map that has all of the USA... from Big LA to old Santa Fe to bluesy Chi-Town - following fabled Route 66 where you can get yer Corvette kicks... all the way over to Boston Harbor, true? :cool:

Originally posted by Barticus:

Hmmm, a map editor you say.......

If you were an old board game grog-type being like myself, you might be inspired to create, or re-create as it were, some of the games of old. Like Tactics II, or Blitzkrieg!

Vewwwy Intewestingk.

Surprised you didn't mention Kriegspiel, the game I cut my wargaming teeth with... ;) ...but regarding the map editor, if I can figure out how to do it, I would be very happy to simply max out the European/Mediterranean Theater....