Minimizing the screen with Voodoo 5, everything corrupted

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

If you minimize the game by hitting [Esc] once you maximize the game again, everything is corrupted?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Is there a workaround?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Well, you can not use FSAA and it'll stop doing that. But since FSAA is likely the reason you bought the V5 in the first place... smile.gif

It's a really nice card, but some of its annoyances can be ... well ... annoying. tongue.gif

- Chris

turning off FSAA also helps when the screen starts whiting out. I typically see this on very large scenarios with high res textures.

This happened again the other day so I got out of the game. My son wanted to play Age of Empires so I let him and AOE would not start. There was an error with directdraw. So it got me to thinking. The whiteouts only seem to occur on the trees. The trees are 2d textures. Directdraw is the 2d subset of DirectX. Therefore, the problem occurs with the V5 and directdraw. Don't know if this helps, but that is my observation for the week.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Yep, my voodoo 5 blurred the text until I flipped on the FSAA, but it still does it when minimized after I remaximize. Have to reboot after that.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)