Bombers and De-Entrechment: Clarification needed..

Something I don`t understand yet: as far as I understand, Bombers (not Tactical Bombers) have two strikes and a De-Entrechment Value of 2. That means the if I attack Paris twice in a turn, it`s entrechment should fall from 6 to 2.

I attacked Paris twice with the german Bomber, and its Entrechment value was 4. In the next turn it had an EV of 1, and I attacked twice again.. and the EV remained 1.

So it appears to me that the De-Entrenchment only applies when the ground unit takes damage... is that true?

Fighters and Tac Bomber always De-Entrench.. right?

Bombers attack the ressource, not the unit (so no de-entrenchment). They only have a 10% chance (increasing with each bomber tech level) to also hit the unit and de-entrench it. They only de-entrench if you target a unit in the open field.

Fighters and Tac Bombers always de-entrench since they always target the unit first.

HvS, examining WW2 amphibious operations you'll find that very few landings were actually repelled.

Only one I can think of is Dieppe and the reason being is not enough force was brought to the LZ to guarantee success, ie. it was not persecuted to be successful.

Here is the key and this is what I see developing for a Pacific theater game. When assaulting a landing zone, island, whatever from the sea, the exact force composition of the defending source is not always known.

It is up to the amphibious taskforce to bring along enough assets to ensure victory and that is what the unknown should reflect when conducting such operations.

Now are you getting an idea of how the mechanics of Pacific island conquests should be modelled. ;)

The reason most the Amphibious Operations of WW2 were a success I think is the virginity of them. That the Amphibious vs Land Forces knew in that era they must have great Numerical Superiority. In nearly every conflict during WW2 that was the case. Plus on a Tactical level a lot of Pacific Islands don't need a real Port or City to feed them, nor do many regions in Europe. May not be efficient supply but it works.

One could say that the BEF leaving France was in a way a makeshift Amphibious Action and unexpected by the Germans. In most cases all Amphibious Actions had total AirPower and NavalPower also. Ensuring the first phazes success, secrecy-recon-landing unhindered

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

HvS, examining WW2 amphibious operations you'll find that very few landings were actually repelled.

Only one I can think of is Dieppe and the reason being is not enough force was brought to the LZ to guarantee success, ie. it was not persecuted to be successful.

Here is the key and this is what I see developing for a Pacific theater game. When assaulting a landing zone, island, whatever from the sea, the exact force composition of the defending source is not always known.

It is up to the amphibious taskforce to bring along enough assets to ensure victory and that is what the unknown should reflect when conducting such operations.

Now are you getting an idea of how the mechanics of Pacific island conquests should be modelled. ;)

Perhaps we need a subtile configuration for islands where a larger island (group) would have one or more tiles subdivided into four zones with a dissection boundary.

You could then station four different SC units in one tile in the subtile configuration hidden from your opponent. Your opponent would only know that there was a garrison.

Of course if you reveal the air or artillery assets through combat actions then of course they would be susceptible to attack.

But leaving them hidden would require your opponent to bring the required assets to the battlezone to ensure success.

There being the unknown of organizing a successful amphibious operation.

If you don't have the proper invasion configuration vs the island garrison's assets you may invite defeat.