hello,

you are right, on the larger campaigns the AI needs more time - I think it is cause the AI have to check more places/battlefields.

Cause i.e. in my campaign there are just a few more scripts and the AI needs quiet 4-5 time as in original game to think - but I am sure, Hubert will improve that

HI Guys,

Thank you for you very prompt replies. Great website, Great games what more can i say. Just played Ardennes battle and kicked butt "I AM THE MASTER." Might try it on the next level up now {he he he.} Mark of a great game is time just flies. Loving it.

Just an update on the path finding slow down, I recently improved two path finding algorithms, one of them I had always wanted to improve since SC1 since I noticed long distances and naval unit movement was always too slow, and when testing against Thrawn's campaign, the normal first Allied turn (on my computer) takes about 8 minutes to play out... where with this improved path finding algorithm as well as a new DEBUGANIMATION option that when enabled skips most AI animation, it shortens this down to about 3 minutes. Before the path finding algorithm improvement and with DEBUGANIMATION it was about 5 minutes for that particular turn.

I'll have this available for the testers soon and will report back on how it holds up smile.gif

Hubert

Definatly needed

Is it possible to use real military orginization to speed the planning of AI turns? I.E. If 2 corps, 1 army, and a tank group were/are all part of General Pattons Attack force, would it be possible for the A.I. to think of objectives for HIM insted of each unit itself? In other words assign tasks/objectives to groupings of units that have an overall goal insted of individual units sent to complete the same goal.