Status of SC2 Game shipment

Any update on when the actual game will be ready to ship?

I was one of the first to pre-order, but at no fault of BF I'm sure, my lousy internet provider stops me from being able to succesfully download the game. I don't know how many others are in the same boat, but I hope that the actual "hard-copy" of the game can be shipped soon.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Goto a coffee shop & download.

Thanks for the suggestion Rambo. Don't have a laptop. Don't really have the time right now if I did to do at a coffee house or elsewhere.

I do hope the game ships soon, when we pre-ordered that was the implication. Offering a download is great, but they still need to get the game out. The down load was a nice surpise and extra, but wasn't the promised product. Better late than never, but I'm hoping they don't feel that by offering a download that they have met their pre-order obligations. In fact if they are using this time to correct some of the "bugs" AI etc. before putting out the game, I'm more than willing to wait.

Besides Rambo, how can I ever expect to join the "legend" (at least in my own mind) if I can't get the game?

Yogi, the game is being assembled and prepared for shipment, so it's likely that we will begin fulfilling pre-orders next week, and after those are out the door, we'll officially declare SC2 released. If all goes well, this will nicely coincide with the official launch of the digital delivery platform, too. Of course "fulfilling" orders is not the same as you getting them, because shipping times are always a big "?"...

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

Yogi, the game is being assembled and prepared for shipment

Martin

I can just see you guys surrounded by 20,000 CD's and packaging in a garage somewhere smile.gif

I used to work making CD's, a medium size factory can bang out 40,000+ finished overnight but I am guessing you guys are doing the assemby yourselves. A tedious job that but it shouldn't take a team of 4 people more than a week tongue.gif

Lah, no, we are not doing this ourselves, thank God. We have two warehouses with staff that is handling this for us.

The problem is that there is more to it than just finishing CDs... we have printed manuals that need to go with the set, and everything has to be packaged and labelled and made ready for mailing... and then there is the whole infrastructure to distribute the goods across the two warehouses in the US and Europe.

Martin

I handled software production for a company, personally produced about 400-500 copies, until my back starting hurting. I owned about 2k worth of equipment split the proceeds with partners and did most of the hardwork.. then I found a Russian in Florida and now get 1000 at a time for about a buck something a pop. No boxes or Manuals included.

I have played SC2, I tell you this, you will need DSL, or Cable to play it well. You can play 56k but it slows it down to about 10 minutes per turn when it is possible to do a 4-6 minute turn with the faster connection speed. You can always get a copy of this game. Just goto a Coffee House, or a Internet Cafe or a computer store give em 5 bucks and your CD and say Viola this is what I Want this is this address now get it for me.

P.S. you might ask a person on-line ;) Some of us if you ask real nicely and reimburse us the shipping CD charges may mail out a copy if it's possible to use someone elses downloaded copy with your own Code? Hey, friends are for something!

Yogi, the game is being assembled and prepared for shipment, so it's likely that we will begin fulfilling pre-orders next week, and after those are out the door, we'll officially declare SC2 released. If all goes well, this will nicely coincide with the official launch of the digital delivery platform, too. Of course "fulfilling" orders is not the same as you getting them, because shipping times are always a big "?"...

Martin

Thanks for the reply and your efforts. It is appreciated.

Lah, no, we are not doing this ourselves, thank God. We have two warehouses with staff that is handling this for us.

The problem is that there is more to it than just finishing CDs... we have printed manuals that need to go with the set, and everything has to be packaged and labelled and made ready for mailing... and then there is the whole infrastructure to distribute the goods across the two warehouses in the US and Europe.

Martin

Yep I forgot how long those DVD cases take just to insert the covers, my above numbers were thinking CD cases. It is all the little things that add up to a lot of time, just think the one or two little stickers on the case being stuck on 1000's of times is a long process when you have to make space moving the cases along too. And then there is always one part that is not ready, waiting for the printers to deliver, such as a little a sticker that holds up the whole packing process! Good luck, I'm very glad not be in that work anymore smile.gif

Hope the game is shipped next few weeks or Ill have a major problem. Going on vaction on 12 May and we do not have mail boxes on our homes. They are in a community spot. During this time of year its getting "Hot" and the games may sit in the box and Warp. If you UPS there will be no one here to pick up the package.

We will not return until late May. Not sure what too do. I should have waited to order my copies.

Ok, coudn't take it anymore, dial up be damned.

Bought a 256mb Flash Drive, took it to office where we have high speed cable internet, downloaded SC2, carried it home on the flash drive and then installed at home. Got it licensed, and will shortly see if I can get the game to actually run. Who knows actual game would probably have arrived soon, but it was time to make use of the download if I could.