Normal Dude, still out there? Want to do a game? I will be getting offline shortly unless I find an opponent. (Not having much luck.)

No reply...any one else out there. I'm interested in Allies. Now only have 2 1/2 hours or so.

Guess no one out there. Getting offline now. Will try another day...

[ November 18, 2006, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: The K Man ]

Yes it was frustrating trying to find someone. Tried the Panzerliga site too. That didn't work out too well either. Went to find opponents and ended up email someone, but later noticed he was german speaking only. Unfortunately the only words I know in german are snell, nine, and dumkoff (sorry bout the spelling) Didn't think I'd get far on 3 words.

I had the same problem, here are few things that might help.

1. Use ICQ. It's next to impossible to setup online games without a chat program and this is the standard for SC2 players for some reason. You can find ICQ numbers from this forum or from panzerliga.

2. Check which players have been active lately and contact them. Panzerliga results are a good place to start. If someone hasn't finished a game in two months he probably isn't playing that much currently.

3. Some players might not be able to start a game straight away. In this case try to make appointments a day or two in advance.

4. To avoid connection problems, familiarize yourself with a software called Hamachi. It helps hosting with people who are behing routers.

There must be dozen other things that I forgot or don't know about, but I hope this helps you getting started.

Thanks for the tips TFL.

Probably check out Panzerliga again.

I have two PBEM games going though. Those seem to be working pretty well.

If anyone out there is available on Wednesday around 7:00 eastern US time, for an online game, let me know. Can play 3-4 hours since I don't have to get up early next morning.