PBEM Issue - CMAK

Hi everyone,

I am playing a game at the moment by PBAM, and everything was going fine, then the tragedy struck.

I cant load the most recent file. It just beeps at me. I have tried re loading the game, we have resent the emails, and even restarted teh game. But then about file number 21 or so, it just won't load it.

Any advice or guidence would be awesome.

Thanks

The 'beeping' (error ding) that you're getting is definitely a sign that the file is corrupted somehow. Are you re-playing the same scenario from the very beginning (turn 1) or just replaying the turn that didn't load ? Are you (or your opponent) using any sort of file compression on the file before sending it ? Though it may actually add a bit to the size, I find that it keeps the file intact and this may be useful as the file sizes get larger.

What email service are you both using and is there any sort of issue with file attachment sizes ?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

The 'beeping' (error ding) that you're getting is definitely a sign that the file is corrupted somehow. Are you re-playing the same scenario from the very beginning (turn 1) or just replaying the turn that didn't load ? Are you (or your opponent) using any sort of file compression on the file before sending it ? Though it may actually add a bit to the size, I find that it keeps the file intact and this may be useful as the file sizes get larger.

What email service are you both using and is there any sort of issue with file attachment sizes ?

I'm the other player in this dilemma. Neither of us compresses files. I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email. I've never had this problem with anyone else. We keep exchanging files, but one comes along that Sainteel can't open. We go back two or three files to replay, and they work, but the bad one keeps coming up.

Does anything happen within the game around file number 21 or so?Like maybe reinforcements arrive or something?

I have gotten unhandled exception errors(which essentially lock the game up)simply because of a Russian truck mod;however,this has never prevented me from opening a file.

Try zipping the files until you get past the corrupt file,or maybe even try sending turns via a different email provider for a short time.