And you can win as the Allies without the US.
Again, I have to ask if this is happening with zero Lend Lease MPP transfers from the west. Trying to achieve the right balance in the game, with USSR having just not enough and certainly not TOO much, is difficult. IMHO we're close. Are hth games indicating USSR has too much?? Please don't judge by AI games yet, since there are other weaknesses that need to be resolved before addressing MPP balance.

Originally posted by Exel:

I'm not suggesting a huge boost to US production. It is pretty well balanced even as it is now. It just needs a tad bit of an increase.

With the current resources you basically have to choose between three things:

- Invasion of North Africa and Italy before 1944

- Invasion of France before 1945

- Air campaign

Can't do all. Which is not exactly correct, since all three were effectively carried out historically.

I'll have to try with heavier investments in IT and PT before commenting further though. In my previous games I've invested 1-2 chits and gained 1-2 levels in each. Investing more feels like a large gamble - anyone got more solid experience about the matter (in relation to the above goals)?

My experience has been with investing pretty much exclusively in IT and PT in the early days, with maximum MPP's to the UK after Lend Lease starts. It works, bu that long slow build up through 1940 and 1941 can be very disheartening, espeically if the IT increases don't come regularily.

You make some good points about historical US capabilities; on the other hand the US took a long time to get rolling even after the war started - the Torch landings weren't until November of 1942, almost a year after the war started, and I don't recall a major bomber deployment to Europe until something like early 1943.

Someone who knows how to work the scripts could try adjusting US forces - I think it wouldn't be a bad option if you received a US HQ as a reinforcement, perhaps at reduced strength, a few months after the US enters the war. I also think the US really is justified in having a CV unit (the RANGER, but also representing the vast number of CVE's used not only to aid the Torch landings but to help beat the U-boats), again as a free unit a few months after the war starts and at reduced strength.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by pzgndr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> And you can win as the Allies without the US.

Again, I have to ask if this is happening with zero Lend Lease MPP transfers from the west. Trying to achieve the right balance in the game, with USSR having just not enough and certainly not TOO much, is difficult. IMHO we're close. Are hth games indicating USSR has too much?? Please don't judge by AI games yet, since there are other weaknesses that need to be resolved before addressing MPP balance. </font>