I have separated the Netherlands from Benelux and added port-Rotterdam and capital- Amsterdam. I have added a new section to the Activation script to add 2-4% to the USA -> Allies and reduced the Benelux section to the same 2->4%. (To avoid doubling up on what was a combined 3-5% before) However, I would like to add a section detailing the effect that an Axis DOW on Benelux would have on the Netherlands and vice versa. Probably 20% or more I would imagine. I can't figure that out, any scripting pros out there plan to do something similar?

I presume the point is that The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are seperate countries.

Apart from the fact some people may not appreciate having their country subsumed into a non-existent conglomerate (anybody for North America rather than USA & Canada?, it is a perfectly acceptable scenario for the Axis to invade Belgium to outflank the Maginot Line but leave the Dutch neutral (as in WW1).

Presumably you would adjust the impact on US reaction (less for just Belgium than Belgium and The Netherlands together). Also a useful buffer against advancing Allies in 44/45.

Given the scale of the game I agree using Benelux is an excellent high level soluition - however, given the power of the editor if someone wants to do the above changes why not?

Originally posted by Gérard Le Poer Trench:

I would think it's perfect to split the Benelux. Every country is splitted except these three. Why actually? If the germans had not bombed Rotterdam they would have fighted weeks behind the rivers of the Netherlands. Delays in a blitzkrieg are never goos.

Well, no they aren't: The Baltic states were three different countries (Lativa, Estonia, and Lithuania) and no-one thinks that is a bad idea. And if splitting is a concern then why isn't Luxemburg being represented? I'm not certain adding ports and cities is necessarily a good idea since it throws off a lot balance issues such as supply and MPPs.

Rotterdam was and still is the biggest port in the world.

Antwerp was and still is the second biggest port in the world.

Belgium was the 10th richest country in the world for decades, because of their very resource-rich african colony, Congo.

So, from an economic point of view, the countries should be seperated.

But... the countries are sooooo small. I'm from Begium myself and this country is about half as big as the state of New-York. And Luxembourg, well, that's about as big as the CITY of New-York.

No, those countries can't be split up, game-wise it would be unworkable, just like the Baltic states.

Originally posted by Terry:

I presume the point is that The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are seperate countries.

Apart from the fact some people may not appreciate having their country subsumed into a non-existent conglomerate (anybody for North America rather than USA & Canada?, it is a perfectly acceptable scenario for the Axis to invade Belgium to outflank the Maginot Line but leave the Dutch neutral (as in WW1).

Presumably you would adjust the impact on US reaction (less for just Belgium than Belgium and The Netherlands together). Also a useful buffer against advancing Allies in 44/45.

Given the scale of the game I agree using Benelux is an excellent high level soluition - however, given the power of the editor if someone wants to do the above changes why not?

A fair point, but Netherland's days are numbered, once US comes in, as no Axis player could afford to leave a open neutral that close to Berlin.

So might as well just get it over with. ;)

The only way they could be split up is if the map was made bigger, but that would change ALOT of things.

You could add Andorra, San Marino, Lietchenstein, Monaco, make Malta and Gibraltar 1 tile bigger. Also add the appropriate countries for the Baltic States.

The possibilities are endless. But for the current map, as is is the best way to have it.

Yes there is but many that are available are not on the map, so there is still lots of room.

12 countries are not in the game and these countries can be renamed to other countries, towns, cities (for smaller campaigns, like US Civil war).

Just open up the editor and check the country listing.

It works well and just fleshes out the game a bit more, I have played several games now with the countries separated. The script additions work as well. I reduced the USA-> Allies script to a random 2-3% each to replace the 3-5% that was before when they were a combined country. I also added activation scripts of 15-20% for Benelux->Allies if Netherlands is invaded and vice versa.

I could have also separated out Luxembourg but it would have meant adding a capital city and there would be no point as the Axis would have just walked into the city anyway.

Check my "Changes I have Made Post" to see other changes I have made.

I also would have separated Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia but I couldn't figure out how to change the USSR annexes situation to three countries instead of two. Same situation for Algeria and Tunisia. I didn't want to mess up the Vichy France scripts until I know what I am doing.

I did however add an event for USSR annexes Bessarabia.