Global Campaign "France Bottleneck"

I was just wondering, we lost a few tiles I believe to attack into France which seems to me to create a bottleneck. With the force that I have to attack with as axis into France it would seem I should be able to smash through the allied force. But I haven't been able to do anything for 4 months now because of weather and lack of space to move troops.

bottleneckpz9.jpg

Is this "poopy" tactics on my part, I didn't seem to

have this issue with SC1 or 2.?

Well, there are several reasons here. Mud means minimized movement, poor range for your air. Plus I see Spanish Troops, so you must've DOWed them or he must've got them in some how. The way these troops are arranged is dreadful, you can cut through them like swiss cheese. You need to cut holes with 2-3 army attacks with "clear" weather as during bad weather your limited movement takes your edge...in #s With 3 or 4 strikes from a superior mobile army you can clear holes all over this bottleneck!

Then fill in the gaps with armor, even if you sacrifice them... Though with all the Spanish troops and French if they're behind there you may have a very difficult time taking your objective no reason you shouldn't take France by slow grinding attacks by Late Summer of '40

With 3 units deep a defense can be hell to crush, with entrenchment even in open terrain. You will need a Greater amount of patience and have to be cautious not to loose any units... it just takes time, there are no rivers so it's very doable, Axis have 2 HQs, 3 Air so the campaign is in the bag, along with 2 armor

You can't expect much more...

P.S. this particular campaign gives the Allies some defending units, but they appear to be spread thin in a linear defense, focus on Punching Holes... I didn't notice that at first.

[ November 07, 2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

This may be a case where the double-strike WaW armor would prove their worth in a "Blitzkrieg" campaign.

On that note, your armor is lamenting in the rear guard, wishing they could participate in this "blitzkrieg" they've heard so much about. smile.gif

Best thing to do, as Liam mentioned, is punch a hole. Focus all air and available troops on one unit. If you had both armor up there instead of the two Corps, you could focus them, your Army and air against a single division. Right now you have two Corp. and an Army facing against three entrenched Armies.