Fortifications and Entrenchment

I'm playing the latest patch but notice that units moving into fortifications are still being given level 3 entrenchment immediately. Also, units occupying fortifications that are attacked automatically go up to level 3 entrenchment the following turn, no matter how many times they were attacked in the previous turn.

Was this intended or is it a bug? It makes fortified zones very tough prospects indeed!

I favour a reduction in Fortress-Defence reconstitution!.

Meaning that after the 1st round of attacks, the Defender's Defence will return/recover to Defence-4 during the following turn, and then if subsequently attacked again,...during that following-turn, then the MAX Defence would be 3 instead of 4, and on the 3rd-round if there is still no cessation of attack's, and these attack's persist or take place during the 3rd-round, then the MAX Fortification Defence Level would only be limited to a Maximum of 2,..."then!", perhap's go no-lower than 2 until the Defender's have had a turn or two or three to reconstitute/recover their MAXIMUM-DEFENCE Level Capability!.

I think the Fortresses work fine as it is now.

If you concentrate your attacks on one, you'll take it, but it takes some preparation and slows you down, of course. But I think that's a good thing. And you only get a few engineer, so it's not that you can build Fortresses all over the place.