SC1 AI Notes..... Axis Sweden

In a recent game vs the Axis AI I had the Alleis DoW Sweden on Turn 1 to give the Axis some extra production.

It was good to see the Axis AI operate the Swedish air unit to Germany to aid in the attack on France.

Later in the game it was weird to see the Axis operate Axis Air Units to Sweden so it could attack the Russian unit in Riga.

--------------------------------------------

Additionally, during this game Poland managed to move 4 units to Eastern Poland out of site of the Axis. Poland never surrendered, Russian war readiness quickly reached 91%+ and Russia entered the war while the Axis was still attacking France.

The AI in SC2 should track how many Polish units survive. If Warsaw is taken but Poland has 4 or more units surviving Germany should continue its advance into Poland until 2 or fewer Polish units are left.

[ May 10, 2005, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

For a country like Sweden, I would like to see the AI adopt adopt 1 of 6 strategies for using the Swedish Armed forces in the unlikely event; via Diplomacy or custom mods, that it joins the Axis.

Strategy 01: Defend Sweden - The AI should move its units to protect the capital.

Strategy 02: Conquer Norway (if Norway is Neutral). Conquering Norway should be easy if it is neutral, just move the swedish army to the border and then DOW. The capital will fall in 2 turns and Sweden can annex Norway.

Strategy 03: Conquer Norway with assistance from Germany (if Norway is Neutral or Allied Controlled)

Strategy 04: Support German Operations in Russia

------- Send Air Unit & Army to Germany.

Strategy 05: Support Finland

------- Send Air Unit & Army Unit to Finland.

Strategy 06: Defend France

------- Send Air Unit and Army Unit to Western Europe to repel Allied Invasion

[ May 17, 2005, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Sweden and Switzerland were pretty vital for the import and export of some goods to Germany. She didn't really need to invade either. What would've happened? 200 thousand more Troops in Sweden to defend against possible Allied invasion and partisans? Switzerland would've been just bombed and there would've been no bankers for the German Plunderers to do business with. There should be a Minus Plunder for either invasion

Germany got ballbearings from both nations and other equipment when her plants were bombed. I wonder the full extent of Spanish-Turkish-Swedish-Portuguese trade involved in the German war machine after she was cut off from foreign trade in 1939-40 by the UK... and how much trade was conducted with the Soviets until Barbarossa? I'd like to see all this added up...