Diplomacy Question

As originally posted by Edwin P:

Has anyone in the Beta Group successfully used diplomacy to influence Spain or Turkey to join their side.

Yep, I had Spain up in the 70 percentile.

Then, I suspected wily (... and Diplo board attentive) Opponent had canceled my Diplomatic chit with one of his own, so I stuck another flyer in there.

I was hoping for that occasional "large parlay" where you can get a 20-30% hit.

At that point, it is Molly over the Windmill (... rather, in this instance - Don Quixote, kicked head over heels, I guess)

Because... once you reach the magic number, IE, 90% leaning in your favor, well, then there are automatic and gradual increases whether you have a Diplo chit canceled out or not.

Kind of like... the Minor has JUST ABOUT been convinced, and all that is required now is to roll out the red carpet, toss the garlands around, and open the back door of the waiting limosine.

Mercedes or Packard or Rolls Royce, as the case may be. ;)

Well, you get the following:

4 cities and 2 ports.

1 corps on each city

2 cruisers.

2 armies

1 HQ, 1 tank and 1 AF all at 5 strength.

MPP wise it is worth it (obviously) but you have to consider; you do not choose when it joins OR will it EVER and none of these troops can have tech upgrades, as well only Franco HQ can suppor them.

Basically you have 1 tank, 1 AF and 2 armies to fight with, the others must remain on your cities, especially with amphibious landings.