AAR Timskorn (Allies) vs. Rambo (Axis)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thanks Blashy. I guess I can't really post any screenies though until the games over.

May '42: Finland falls, Soviets plunder. Russians make a push in the north, crushing a German Corp. that stuck its head out. A surprise contact engagement nearby drops a German Corp. and Russian tank to strength 6.

RAF reinforces in Malta and is ordered to hold at all costs and for as long as possible. Damaged BB retreats in the Med. Brits got the losing end of that engagement, losing a carrier and a BB to one Italian BB. Brits can afford it a little more than the Italians can though. A massive Axis horde is sweeping eastward along the African coast like a sandstorm. O'Connor has selected the time and place for the next engagement.

Elsewhere, silent. Two German air continue to ping London. Not sure why they aren't being utilized in the east, but I'm sure JJR will reveal his master plan in due time. Meanwhile an Italian and Romanian air backup his Army Group South as they push towards the Russian oil fields.

Summer '42: Lots of summer lovin' in Russia. Germans go strong in the south, Russki's in the north. Smolensk falls to Russian hordes and units have closed in on Riga which is defended by a single Army and one air at the moment. About four or five German Corps. have been wiped out in Russia.

UK ships get bored and bombard Bergen port to zero. No sign of Axis forces in UK for a few turns, I imagine they are letting HQ's catch up. US finally joins the war.

Summer '42 ---

Russia: In the North, I'm on the defensive...all the way back to Riga. I still hold the Swamp central area. The South, another story. We hold the Mines, Sevestapol, another city, and have the edge.

Med: 2 Rockets with LF, Italian fighter, Italian bomber continue to cost the MMPs of the British.

August '42:

Germans bring in air support to help Riga and take down one Russian armor. We divert and head south, but still likely in range of his air. The south, we await the German advance.

Malta loses its fighter and is open again to the Axis. No other action in Africa, Atlantic or anywhere else.

August '42:

Russians pull back to defensive lines in the north and take an opportunity to kill another Army unit in the south.

Winter is approaching and a time for both sides to regroup.

N. Africa quiet, Atlantic quiet. Two rockets are aimed at England from the French coast.

Finally. I get some rocket technology. For 1.5 years, I was stuck at level+1 rockets. We land in Malta with Italian corp. Meanwhile, the other two rockets sitting on their ass at the coast open up on London's port!

Russia is Russia. Death & fighting on both sides.

Things have chilled in Libya. Axis forces position unrevealed after the small counter.

Massive German assault on Smoltz. Bomber levels the city. 2 Paratroops go behind & attack HQs. Rest of my units pull back from mines & help the encirclement. Russians lose a unit, and 3 more are cut off smile.gif

Germans beef Western Wall, Rockets moved into position, others upgraded. LF covers them from France. Kreigsmarine in hiding. Africa, silent.

October '42:

Smolensk is indeed surrounded. Russian units strike back though. One German Para gone and an Army almost destroyed. German attack in the south stalled as they rush to help out in the north, giving the Russki's ample time to dig in and reinforce their losses. Germans haven't made any significant advances since the early easy grabs, just lots of bodies and vehicles strewn about on the Russian plains.

In Africa, UK bomber and fighter strikes out against El Agheila as Brits mount second offensive. No sign of the German horde. Churchill orders all civilians underground in London. Massive casualties from V1 and V2's are on their way.

Fall 1942 ---

-Brits are back on the offensive in Libya, they are pressing West. My German Bunta General did his hit & run...not telling my location. RAF is in Africa, seems Tim really wants it.

-London, the people are watching the firework show as 4 rockets placed in fortresses are right on the water's edge. London got a couple pops, as did the port. LF in Paris takes a pop on London too.

-South Russia, we pull back a little...winter coming & the action is in Smoltz. Speaking of Smoltz, it got smoked. Russian tanks keep coming out of the woodwork thou, and a patch of infantry is sitting around Moscow. Italians are chipping in to the fight, working HQ, bomber, fighter in Russia.

Forgot to mention a couple of things as well. Allies have had extra MPP's to throw around and have worked several delegations with Spain and Sweden. RN has shelled Norways convoy port to zero as well, so MPP shipments from Sweden and Norway have been shut down.

Been a interesting game so far with not much down time in the fighting.

I went a little gung-ho in the north with the Russian advance, but it wasn't a total loss. I pulled the German attack from the south away and destroyed a good 6 or so units in the process, even though I lost just as much.

With a solid MPP stream coming in for all 3 Allies I felt it was worth it. The Brits have a strong presence in Africa that should keep Axis forces there if JJR wants to keep it. As for the Americans, we'll have to wait see what they're up to...

November '42: US weakly lands at Casablanca. British continue drive westward looking to keep a two-front pressure on North Africa. Russians continue churning out new units. Moscow will fall next turn. Russki's still have strong defensive line in the south. Russian Corp. re-captures one of the mines.

November '42 ---

-Axis forces in Africa feeling it from both sides. Rick's bar in Casablanca, and Monty's army in Libya. Decision time soon for the Buntas.

-Russia is getting cold, we gear up, surround Moscow to cutoff supply. He grabbed the mines.

-Some genius Royal Navy battleship just got himself sunk at Western Norway port. He ping my port, I set a couple of warships to put him out of his misery.

-The People of London receive rockets. Can't tell the damage, but got 3 hits smile.gif

December '42: UK ships spring out for attack at Norway to avenge their fallen brethren. German BB sunk, Bismark dropped to 4 and sub to 1. Bring out the rest of the Kriegsmarine and get some!

Casablanca surrounded. US forces seeing their first action against a lone Italian Corp. British air at Algeria spots a German Army fleeing via transport.

Londoners bunker down and await word of their brave men at sea. Moscow Army reinforces and Russians enjoy the rest of the winter in the comforts of their bunkers, assured that the red hordes are churning out of the factories and boot camps across the nation.

January: Stalemate at Norway. RN takes some losses, Kriegsmarine takes some more damage. JJR brought in reinforcements. Casablanca remains under siege while USN blasts Algiers and its port. British sink an Italian BB and surround Tripoli.

Russian winter finally arrives.

Royal Navy takes some parting shots on the Kreigsmarine. We do they same & sail away. More or less, an exhange. The fact he sailed away tells me the remainder of the RN is in the Med, working with the USN.

Africa. Von Runsteadt is ordered out of Tunisa with his crack Army unit. No point be to surrounded by the British coming from the East. Yanks are a little slow in Casablanca.

Russia, it's cold. We bundle up for the winter by taking Moscow.

London has winter weather also. We take 3 pop shots, don't think we did any damage. 4th rocket is bumped up in Elite status.

Italians did lose a Battleship on the North AFrican Coast. Stupid move, he's got GR+1, AS+2. I wasn't going to accomplish anything, just lost a ship. The rest of the Italians take to ports or hidden spots smile.gif

German troops are probing NE of Moscow in the blistering cold to see what they'll be up against this Spring.

US finally takes Casablanca. The greenhorns got a taste of some action, got a nice new town under their belt and are re-fitting for continued action. Brits are having supply issues in N. Africa. El Agheila was bombed back to the stone age and engineers are working feverishly to get supplies rolling again.

Sweden and Norway are still shut down. Spain is turning Allied. 1943 is a new year and looking to be full of plot twists.

HaHa, Tim does get the right read on the cold Germans. We send out Corps to scout city defenses. Our engineers build forts between Kiev & Smoltz.

3 Rockets shots on a frozen London, Another one becomes Elite. The crews of the rockets are enjoying washing their feet in the English Channel while living in beach fortresses.

March: Russians take out a Corp. NE of Moscow and almost another to the East. Surviving German scouts report, "Ouch."

Tripoli back in British hands. N. Africa is a playground for the Allies.

Axis get clear weather this turn all the way around. Should start seeing some pushes in the east soon.

London hit with 3 rockets once again, 4th one doesn't fire, upgraded in Elite status.

Sub raids smile.gif

Germans DOW on Vichey France, will take another turn to get, using a handful of infantry units, including Von Runsteadt, the hero of the proper defense & retreat of Africa.

Russia, we hold Moscow & down to Sevestapol, went and got an on occupied mine. Everything to the West appears built up, including many fortresses. Therefore, we decide to attack Lennigrad. Italian paratroops go behind the key city, to cutoff that Finnish supply route which the Commies own. Meanwhile, LF peppers air shots to soften it up. Main assault next turn.

Ah yes, the propaganda is strong with this one. There is nothing so glorious for the German empire than a fanciful retreat. Von Rundstedt failed and he is to be given a medal for it, and likely another one for defeating the vicious Vichians. He can run all he wants, we’ll be happy to follow him into Europe.

The USN, in a vain but noble effort, shells German troops along the coast of Southern France. The Vichians, inspired by the Algerians a year prior, reinforce and vow to fight to the last man. The German High Command is likely requesting additional resources now that their supplies from North Africa are about to disappear, their Swedish Ore cut off and Norway’s supplies coming in sporadically.

I’ll be getting home late tonight. I’ll get the turn out then.