Map of Egypt - Where is the Nile River?

In SC I did not notice the Nile River to the West of Cairo. Will the Nile be included in SC2 or is the Nile considered a minor barrier, being at most 24ft deep during the flood season and and average of 2.8km wide in the region of Aswan to Cairo, when compared to the other major rivers shown in Europe?

[ April 20, 2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Personally, I would be happy if the desert was able to be famous for what it made famous, that being a war of maneuver.

The desert in SC is really just about as inaccurate as it is possible to be.

I have never complained, because there has always been a cheap unhistorical fix. You land on the other side, take the canal, and that's that.

But I would rather like to see something of what made the desert famous.

I'll repeat what I mentioned in another thread; lost track of this one for a bit, or I would have put this here in the first place. ;)

There are depression tiles.

There will be the Quattara Depression faithfully replicated.

As with some other areas on the screenshots, you are not looking at the fully realized map.

As for room to mech-maneuver and blitz and surround in the heated sands of North Afrika?

There are 5 tiles from fortress Tobruk to the bottom of the game board.

You and Les the Sarge among many others who really like this theatre of the war, are going to have a great old time re-enacting the exciting Desert campaign.

So am I. ;)

The whole Afrika Korps campaign is, aside from the Battle of the Atlantic, my favorite... as mentioned, I intend to create a separate smaller scaled campaign using that tremendous map editor.

I hope some of you will do the same, but until that happens, at least we have MUCH more room for maneuver and can likely re-create many of those quick striking tactical blitzes.

And counter thrusts.

After all, neither side can afford to send too many units, given the demands on other fronts, so it should be VERY exciting down in the desert... with the rustling palm trees and the camo'd 88s. :cool:

Palm_Trees.gif88flak2.jpg

[ April 21, 2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]